Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

[Expired] New Alaska BofA signature visa 40,000 mile signup offer (maybe targeted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] New Alaska BofA signature visa 40,000 mile signup offer (maybe targeted)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2011, 12:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Gregorso
Ah. But the 40,000 miles at sign up will get me one RT Hawaii. And am I to understand that if I fly from Orlando, FL to Hawaii, I'd still pay for the flight from Orlando to a west coast hub?
http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mil...rt-hawaii.aspx

The link above is for the award chart from North America to Hawaii. The 40,000 mile award is "super saver coach", which has limited availability. AS serves Orlando, so in theory the 40,000 award could take you from Orlando to Hawaii and back. Depending on connection times, you might have to overnight in a west coast city.

The tough part for you is that you'd need super saver inventory out of Orlando to the west coast, and then out of the west coast city to your Hawaii location (and back). Since AS only has limited service in/out of Orlando that might be difficult to do.

You can test out availability for award flights here: http://www.alaskaair.com/planbook

Be sure the "Award Reservations" box and the "Award Calendar" box are both checked. You'd be looking for 20,000 mile award availability in each direction when the calendars show availability. When I did a test in Nov/Dec/Jan, there was one day in Jan out of Orlando with availability. I didn't check to see if you could get back to Orlando. YMMV.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 2:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I can't believe how fast my AS miles are piling up. Not only did I get the 40,000, plus 1,000 for signing up on board, I got another 1,000 I think for getting a new AS number...I checked in on line for my last flight - bonus! I checked in at the kiosk at the airport for my flight home - bonus! I feel like Flo from Progressive...
Old Jul 13, 2011, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by tondoleo
I received the 40000 miles into my account. However, I have not gotten the card yet. BOA said they sent it out on the 30th. Weird.
The card arrived on the 10th. The boarding passes and notice of companion ticket arrived in the mail today. The companion coupon was in my account last week.

Last edited by tondoleo; Jul 13, 2011 at 3:48 pm
Old Jul 13, 2011, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
After waiting 10 days since I applied, and figuring after all the cards I've received/canceled the past year, I was probably going to get a rejection letter - but got the new card today with $16,000 limit - the miles and the companion cert show up in my account. Didn't see anything about the certs in the package I received today. Also got the approval letter saying my credit score was 785 (6 cards approved the last 6 months).
Old Jul 29, 2011, 6:19 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Just a heads-up to anyone who has been thinking about jumping on this 40,000 miles+$99 companion cert deal....

According to a post earlier in this thread, I believe this is set to expire July 30 (unless someone knows otherwise). My wife just applied for this one last night (she did not get instant approval, though ).

I'm super tempted by this one but I just applied for a Chase Sapphire card 2 weeks ago. Going for this one might be pushing things, but I'm still very tempted....

If you are tempted, don't wait much longer.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond
It worked even though already have one card!

Hey all. If you are waiting on a response for an application, I can tell you I already had one AS BoA Signature Visa (black), and they just approved me for a second. As far as I am concerned, a $75 annual fee for 40,000 miles, 2 board room passes, and 2 companion fares is worth it! It did take six business days for a response.

Last edited by Audio27; Aug 8, 2011 at 12:36 pm Reason: More info added.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 4:32 pm
Suspended

I got the 25000 mile card. I called and asked if they would make up the difference and was told no. Alaska airlines is a bummer.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
I got the 25000 mile card. I called and asked if they would make up the difference and was told no. Alaska airlines is a bummer.
Which offer did you apply for? The 40,000 mile bonus offer or the 25,000 mile bonus offer?

If you applied for the 25,000 mile offer, then I guess I wouldn't be too surprised that they didn't sweeten the deal for you. OTOH, if you applied for the 40,000 mile offer,and they didn't give you want they promised....well, I would escalate things.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 8:43 pm
Suspended

Yeah, yeah, yeah, heard it all before. Just seems unfair that only people from CALIFORNIA get targeted for the 40,000 mile offer while the rest of us "hobbits" get less.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 9:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
I applied for the 40,000 mile card on Sunday, 7/31 and received the card in the mail on Saturday, 8/6. I clicked on the link at the beginning of this thread to apply for the card. Today the 40,000 miles posted to my Alaska account.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 6:23 am
Suspended

Way to go gal!

I will just chalk this one up as a learning experience. I was reluctant to click the link in the beginning of the thread as it was "targeted" and I was relying on Alaska Air's customer service to give me the extra 15,000. Shame on me!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 5:58 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan, Bonvoy, World of Hyatt
My wife and I live nowhere near California and we were each approved for the BOA Signature Visa and 40,000. We signed up online.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 6:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
This might be a case of calling back and getting a different AS agent...as noted above, I was given the 40,000 (25,000 plus 15,000) just because I was really nice to the AS agent, explained that I would have waited (she said: but it was targeted, not in your area)...I don't know how or why but being very nice and sad worked for me.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
I decided to give it a try based on earlier posts that said they were successful although I don't live in California. I've had a platinum card for 12 years now and was too lazy to apply for the black card until I saw this post.

Last edited by rtwgal; Aug 10, 2011 at 10:36 pm
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:26 pm

Targeted, schmargeted

I don't live in California. My wife and I applied for this card in the last few days of July. I got instant approval, my wife had to wait for the snail mail for approval. Both of us got our cards about a week ago.

I note that the link at the beginning of this thread now leads to a dead page, but the direct link that I bookmarked a few weeks ago still appears to be quite live. It shows the 40,000 mile bonus and I don't see any expiration date...

https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCa...ntry?sc=VAAZAR

No guarantees it'll work for you, but if I hadn't just jumped on this 10 days ago, I'd sure be all over it now.

You're welcome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.