Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

[Expired] New Alaska BofA signature visa 40,000 mile signup offer (maybe targeted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] New Alaska BofA signature visa 40,000 mile signup offer (maybe targeted)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2011, 7:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Yes, I see what you are saying. I'd have one card where I got 25,000, and another where I got 40 (IF I was approved, since I JUST got a card). I was thinking that they'd be nice enough to simply give me the difference between the 2 offers, which was the 15.

I really don't need two redundant credit cards, with 2 annual fees. Hmmm...but 2 companion tickets would be nice...hmmmmm....
Old Jun 17, 2011, 7:16 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I just called and they wouldn't give me the difference between the 2 offers (15,000) - I JUST got my new AS card a few weeks ago. Said I'd have to apply for the new card - which means another card with another annual fee. For 15,000 miles it's not worth it to me, but it sure would have been nice to have known and have waited.
I don't understand what they were suggesting- that you apply for a 2nd AS Visa on top of your existing one? That you cancel your card and then sign up again? That you apply for the business card? Or perhaps apply for your spouse?

As far as I know, there isn't a way to have two personal AS Visa's for just one person.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 7:44 pm

He just said I would have to "reapply for a new card to get the 40,000 mile sign-up". I've had more than one AA citi card...a regular mileage earning one and a Bronze half/mile earner at the same time, that was never a problem. I did not know nor did he say that one person could not have 2 AS cards.

We thought about signing my husband up for the 40, but really, we don't need another card...our charges would be spread around too thin and we wouldn't have enough to really earn anything of consequence anywhere. But it was a nice thought for a moment. It would have been nice if they just bumped me up to the 40,000 bonus from the 25 but they said no. Oh well. Can't be greedy. Like I said, that scenario is really just a 15,000 mile difference.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 7:58 pm

All my cards go in the drawer after meeting the minimum spend so not sure what the issue is of having another card if your husband applies? Unless he plans to sign up for other cards it would seem a no brainer sign your husband up and pay $75 for 40K miles and a companion ticket. You can always cancel his card after you get the 40K miles, but it would be smarter to wait until annual renewal and get a second companion ticket, then cancel. You don't have to pay the second year fee to get the second companion ticket.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 7:59 am

Has anyone from Arizona applied for this deal and if so what Credit Bureau was pulled? I haven't found any recent data online and I'm reaching my limit on Experian inquiries, so I'm trying to see if I can locate any recent data on which bureau they check.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 8:46 am

I'd dissagree...

Originally Posted by baliktad
I don't understand what they were suggesting- that you apply for a 2nd AS Visa on top of your existing one? That you cancel your card and then sign up again? That you apply for the business card? Or perhaps apply for your spouse?

As far as I know, there isn't a way to have two personal AS Visa's for just one person.
I have 3
Old Jun 21, 2011, 2:37 pm

miles?

I have miles through AS. but want to fly to maui from smf. instead of the 40,000 there charging me 55,000. for the upgraded seat. what a bummer.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 5:32 pm

If you whine, they will give you the extra 15k miles

My wife applied and was approved for the classic Alaska Signature Visa about three weeks ago. I sent BofA's India based web support and whined about only getting 25k miles. They said too bad. Tried again and sure enough 15K (40k total) appeared in wife's account. Your Mileage May Vary!
Old Jun 22, 2011, 9:27 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Bonesaz
Has anyone from Arizona applied for this deal and if so what Credit Bureau was pulled? I haven't found any recent data online and I'm reaching my limit on Experian inquiries, so I'm trying to see if I can locate any recent data on which bureau they check.
I'd also be interested in the CBR pulled -- but for people located in TX. Can anyone give any info?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by roccotaco6
I have miles through AS. but want to fly to maui from smf. instead of the 40,000 there charging me 55,000. for the upgraded seat. what a bummer.
Welcome to FT! Keep checking as 40K mile seats may become available the closer you get to your travel date. When do you want to fly?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:12 am

I whined to BofA and got nowhere, so I whined to Alaska and they gave me the additional 15,000. Like Joelacpa, I think getting the card so recently (not even a month, the ink was barely dry!) helped. I also whined very nicely
Old Jun 23, 2011, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
My wife and I both applied for the 40K card (first time B of A cardholders so we got approved instantly)...it's been 5 or so days since I was approved and haven't received the bonus miles yet...anyone care to share how fast they got their bonus miles when getting instant approval? Thanks.

EDIT: Another FTer called BofA and they are saying it now takes 10-12 weeks to show up in your Alaska account...wow, long time, especially compared to other cards like Chase.

EDIT #2: This gives me hope...Alaska says 1-2 weeks
http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mil...companion.aspx

Last edited by PDXPremier; Jun 24, 2011 at 12:52 pm
Old Jun 29, 2011, 6:03 pm

Programs: Just starting out...
Originally Posted by baliktad

This is not true in my personal experience. My wife and I have three cards between us. All personal accounts. YMMV
Old Jul 5, 2011, 3:24 pm

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Got instant approval for the 40k CC, just now. Happy camper. Just hope the miles don't take forever to post.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, AAdvantage, Alaska, BAEC, Marriott, Hawaiian, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by Tpa-flyer
Got instant approval for the 40k CC, just now. Happy camper. Just hope the miles don't take forever to post.
Mine posted within 2 weeks. The 40K was upon approval and not after a minimum spend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.