Wiki Posts
Search

Changed to BA award

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2011, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS , AA, Hilton, Hyatt, Kimpton, Hertz
Changed to BA award

Have a SEA-LHR-ZRH-LHR-YVR award with an outbound tomorrow night. It is an F award but current am in Y for the ZRH-LHR segment and still waiting on CE availablity. If that becomes available after I comence this itinerary can changes still be made?
Old Apr 7, 2011, 5:13 pm

Programs: AS 75k, SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by NotHome
Have a SEA-LHR-ZRH-LHR-YVR award with an outbound tomorrow night. It is an F award but current am in Y for the ZRH-LHR segment and still waiting on CE availablity. If that becomes available after I comence this itinerary can changes still be made?
I have changed cabins on awards after flying the first segment. Some people have even reported success changing routings or destinations. So the Partner Award desk should be able to accommodate you.

I wasn't charged a change fee to go from Y->J on a J award, but I don't know if that had anything to do with MVPG status. Also you might face higher taxes and/or fuel surcharges on that ZRH-LHR in F.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 8:34 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

I was told by the partner desk that you can change into the cabin of your original award if something opens up after you begin your journey. As long as you are staying on the same flight but only moving up to the premium cabin of your award there should be no change fee...only taxes. ( and in the case of BA, a fuel surcharge)
Old Apr 8, 2011, 11:52 am

No big deal

BA , ZRH - LHR . Nothing special!!! Don't loose sleep over it.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS , AA, Hilton, Hyatt, Kimpton, Hertz
Originally Posted by Sydneyjb
BA , ZRH - LHR . Nothing special!!! Don't loose sleep over it.
You do have a good point there....
Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:36 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NotHome
I know for a fact you can. I did it recently on a MIA-PLS J award.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.