Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Companion Pass on partner airline

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Companion Pass on partner airline

Can I use the $99 companion cert on an Alaska booked flight that actually flies on AA metal, or are the companions certs only redeemable on Alaska Air flights only? I looked through the T&C's and didn't see anything explicitly spelled out pertaining to this.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:11 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
The companion certificate (I assume you mean the one from Bank of America) is only good on AS and QX metal. It is not good on any partner airline metal. If you log on to your account on alaskaair.com and click on "Discount Codes," you'll see the BoA companion ticket listed. Click on it and a pop-up will show you the terms and conditions. Here's the explicitly spelled out information:

Routes: Valid systemwide on flights operated by Alaska Airlines or Horizon Air.

Flights: Valid only on flights operated by Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air and on PenAir between Anchorage and Dutch Harbor. Not valid on codeshare flights.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wonderous device: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

These also should be good on the OO operated flightd on behalf of AS...
Old Feb 28, 2011, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wonderous device: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

These also should be good on the OO operated flightd on behalf of AS...
Oooh..sounds like there's another thing that needs to be fixed.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I was considering applying for the BoA card and this was one of the determining factors. Thanks again for the clarification
Old Mar 2, 2011, 3:13 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by fstop75
Thanks for the info. I was considering applying for the BoA card and this was one of the determining factors. Thanks again for the clarification
get a DL amex and an AS card then book each separate. Granted the DL one is worse to use. Cant use it in F(probably will be BofA/AS next maneuver as well ) and the DL isnt good for use to HI or AK unless thats where you start and end at. Or well you could pay $450 a year for a DL credit card with an F class companion fare

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.