Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Anchorage MVPG Breakfast / Lunch-March 21, 2011 (complete with Live Blog!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anchorage MVPG Breakfast / Lunch-March 21, 2011 (complete with Live Blog!)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2011, 2:52 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by dave1013
Fifty minutes without an update ... maybe they are taking your advice! Not "took" your advice, but rather, "are taking".
or they are fighting over who gets to post the Q&A Portion
Old Mar 21, 2011, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by dave1013
Fifty minutes without an update ... maybe they are taking your advice! Not "took" your advice, but rather, "are taking".
Not posting new posts--editing the posts above. Scroll up!
Old Mar 21, 2011, 3:23 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Glad you guys worked it out and thanks for the great notes from today's lunch!
Old Mar 21, 2011, 3:35 pm

I don't see much of anything about one way awards. Did the question get asked? If so, any answers?

Thanks!
Old Mar 21, 2011, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by doog
I don't see much of anything about one way awards. Did the question get asked? If so, any answers?

Thanks!
I told Rick in-person the two most common requests from FlyerTalkers were one-way awards and multi-carrier awards. The question didn't come up in public, but hopefully he'll carry that information back and do something with it.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 4:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Thanks for the updates Beckoa and Jackal. ^

Was hoping for an announcement of one-way awards and additional benefits on AA. Upgrades on AA would be amazing, but don't think that will happen.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Thanks, as usual, guys!

I'd be pleased to see AA priority boarding and seat assignments by later in the year; upgrades I don't think we'll see for a looooooooooong time ... if at all.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I would love triple miles to PVG but i really don't want to sit in a Y seat as a general flyer.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by jackal
[*]RR accused beckoa of holding perhaps the record of most miles with lowest yield.
Some would say that it is a dead heat between a few of us

Thanks for the update guys!

BTW AS flt. 12 SEA-BOS today is quite interesting. I guess the pilots can't find any smooth air. The FA's just told us to remain seated and that it is not safe to get up or use the lavs.

Last edited by BOB W; Mar 22, 2011 at 8:15 pm
Old Mar 22, 2011, 7:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wonderous device: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Oh and the best part of the lunch...

The conciarges have a list with lifetime miles flown on AS when you check in... I am at 296K so just another trip for the MM bar to show up ^
Old Mar 23, 2011, 3:03 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wonderous device: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

q-scheduling of ANC-HNL flight... can it move up one hour for connections.
a-can look up timing... try to draw from the biggest audience to fill the plane up- including connections from FAI and other villages. Also consideration is aircraft time- lots of redeye flights ex ANC... when its over midnight we can get a higher value out of them.
gee move the times up at every place OAK, SEA, etc.... an hour, would help get more people connecting from the east coast flights as opposed to an overnight slumber party at the airport or better yet most people just choose other options and AS loses some potential customers. Of course everybody cant be pleased all the time but I see 2 reasons why to move the OGG departure from SEA up about 2 1/2 hours or so. Would give folks coming from DCA, EWR, and ORD time to connect. Also as it stands you get into OGG at 1130 and cant get in a hotel until 3 so you are stuck waiting to get a room to change or whatever it is you need to do. Much easier to get to OGG at 2 and get to your room around checkin time. Maybe I think too much into things :/

Last edited by ANC; Mar 23, 2011 at 3:16 pm
Old Mar 23, 2011, 4:03 pm

Announcements

Anyone else ever notice that 75K is not recognized in the boarding announcements? Once in a great while we will be singled out prior to boarding, but I have never heard us mentioned onboard. It would be nice to hear that once in a while once we are onboard.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ANC
Of course everybody cant be pleased all the time but I see 2 reasons why to move the OGG departure from SEA up about 2 1/2 hours or so. Would give folks coming from DCA, EWR, and ORD time to connect.
Do you honestly think Alaska is carrying significant connecting traffic from back east on their Hawaii flights?

"Hey, honey, instead of taking the nonstop out of (O'Hare or American or United/Newark on Continental) for our honeymoon in Hawaii, let's connect in Seattle on Alaska! I know you've never heard of these guys, but it'll be fun!"

I'm going to venture a guess that you could count the number of people connecting that way on AS to Hawaii on a typical flight on my hand- and that applies even if they changed the flight timing to be less convenient for hub operations in SEA (which is why they are timed the way they are), but better for the East Coast/Midwest connecting flights.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by BOB W
Anyone else ever notice that 75K is not recognized in the boarding announcements? Once in a great while we will be singled out prior to boarding, but I have never heard us mentioned onboard. It would be nice to hear that once in a while once we are onboard.
I believe AS considers "Gold" to imply/include 75K and "regular" in its announcements; I'm agreeing that they should probably differentiate them.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I believe AS considers "Gold" to imply/include 75K and "regular" in its announcements; I'm agreeing that they should probably differentiate them.
Most of us put some large or small special effort into making that status. It would just be nice for AS to do the same. Basically once you are at the airport the only other thing 75K gives you a free digiplayer. All other perks are Gold also.

Did anyone bring up drink chits?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.