Wiki Posts
Search

2,500 Bonus - Award Ticket on Delta

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2011, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

2,500 Bonus - Award Ticket on Delta

In an e-mail this morning from AK air they stated this blurb:

With our partner Delta, the world is within your reach! Plan your next award travel to one of Delta's 369 destinations in 67 countries on six continents and we'll give you 2,500 Mileage Plan miles. Book an award ticket starting February 15 through March 31, 2011, and see the world.

Kinda a cool deal!
Old Feb 11, 2011, 1:56 pm

Programs: AV LifeMiles, CM ConnectMiles, BA Exec Club. Former:ex-ASGold, ex-UA1K, ex-COPlat, ex-NWGold.
Cool, AS (not AK) matched DL! I got the equivalent DL SM offer for my dormant SkyMiles account and was hoping AS would match.

Nice to see that AS and DL are coordinating promos again, same as last year's Double Miles on the other partner promo.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I have a DL award trip during that period, booked with Sky Pesos -- how do I sign up for Delta's promotion? I can't find any evidence of one.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 12:20 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
so, to clarify...

You get:

2,500 skymiles bonus if you use DL skymiles to book an award ticket on AS
2,500 AS MP bonus miles if you use AS MP miles to book an award ticket on DL??
Old Feb 12, 2011, 1:48 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k
The link in the MP e-statement doesn't (yet) have any info about the particulars of the promotion.

Assuming it works on domestic award reservations (wording sounded suspiciously international), and the bonus is per each reservation; kinda a cool deal indeed! The net cost of a domestic saver award involving DL (in both directions?) = 10% cheaper than most r/t AS awards.

Next Tuesday through end of March = time to make reservations to bring up my friends and family over the summer!
Old Feb 15, 2011, 3:22 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100K, DL DM, UA Gold, & Marriott Ambassador
I was just a recipient of this promotion. I was able to book a very rare Delta BusinessElite seat from LAX-SYD-LAX in June for a net amount of 102,500 miles! In the line item of mileage activity on "My Account," the 2,500 miles were deposited and then the 105,000 miles were deducted. 102,500 miles + $135.20 in taxes and fees is a pretty good deal for a ticket that can be purchased today for a mere $5,815.30.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mthoodfan
I was just a recipient of this promotion. I was able to book a very rare Delta BusinessElite seat from LAX-SYD-LAX in June for a net amount of 102,500 miles! In the line item of mileage activity on "My Account," the 2,500 miles were deposited and then the 105,000 miles were deducted. 102,500 miles + $135.20 in taxes and fees is a pretty good deal for a ticket that can be purchased today for a mere $5,815.30.
And a ticket that DL elites can't get for many, many more miles.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 7:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by mthoodfan
Nice- I really haven't seen any BizElite seats at the saver level available online... congrats ^
Old Feb 15, 2011, 7:48 pm

Programs: AS
Is this targeted or can someone provide the link?
Old Feb 17, 2011, 9:34 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by beckoa
Nice- I really haven't seen any BizElite seats at the saver level available online... congrats ^
I have seen LAX-SYD low awards on DL in the summer months quite often, but very rare to see them this far out... Usually 1-2 months out...

Congrats on snagging this award mthoodfan, and enjoy the J service I hope you are not over 6 ft tall
Old Apr 11, 2011, 8:00 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone else beside mthoodfan taken advantage of this offer? I made the reservation online prior to 3/31 and have completed all award travel by 4/5, still waiting for the rebate to post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.