FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
11 years ago

A candle for you.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 12:07 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

You are 1 hour too early!

Can't believe it has been 11 years since this incident...
Old Jan 31, 2011, 8:53 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
I remember this day well. I woke up in London having gone to sleep the night before watching coverage of the Kenya Airways crash off the coast of west Africa (was it Abijan or Accra?). It took a bit for it to register as both went down in the water. I had no other coverage until I got to Minneapolis later in the day.

A colleague lost her ex-boyfriend whom she still regarded as a friend, his brother and his parents. Oddly, through this accident she met her husband, who had also lost friends in the accident. A creepy twist of fate.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:22 am

Programs: AS
Feel strange to look at a Mad Dog with AS livery again.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 3:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, DL, Marriott, Hilton Honors Gold, AMEX Membership Rewards
Hard to believe it was 11 years ago. I was flying home that day from PVR to Spokane via LAX and SEA. The folks checking in for their flight in Puerto Vallarta ahead of me were on the flight to SAN. I think about that day often, and the folks who were on that flight. It is all part of who Alaska Airlines is today, and somehow how I feel about the airline that I fly on almost exclusively.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.