I was able to upgrade hours after OLCI!

Old Jan 25, 11, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM
I was able to upgrade hours after OLCI!

Here is some info I would like to relate. Yesterday I flew AS 30 PDX to BOS. I had went to check in online Sunday morning 24 hours or so prior to departure. the F cabin was full so I went ahead and checked in. Early yesterday morning before going to the airport I clicked on my res to see if there were any flight delays. Much to my delight the "upgrade to first class" icon was now showing! This is after I had been checked in for several hours. I had to reprint my boarding pass at the airport. I could not do it at a kiosk. I saw an agent and he looked a bit puzzled at what he was seeing on his screen but made no mention why and I got my boarding pass. I am flying as a DL gold btw. At the gate there were about 10 or so on the list. Was I just rely lucky and snuck one by?
Old Jan 25, 11, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by sectflyer View Post
Here is some info I would like to relate. Yesterday I flew AS 30 PDX to BOS. I had went to check in online Sunday morning 24 hours or so prior to departure. the F cabin was full so I went ahead and checked in. Early yesterday morning before going to the airport I clicked on my res to see if there were any flight delays. Much to my delight the "upgrade to first class" icon was now showing! This is after I had been checked in for several hours. I had to reprint my boarding pass at the airport. I could not do it at a kiosk. I saw an agent and he looked a bit puzzled at what he was seeing on his screen but made no mention why and I got my boarding pass. I am flying as a DL gold btw. At the gate there were about 10 or so on the list. Was I just rely lucky and snuck one by?
You were very lucky... this is a known issue with AS, that within 24 hours, if U class is released, someone with elite status can upgrade, or pay to upgrade the route if on a high enough value ticket, w/o status.
Old Jan 25, 11, 1:52 pm

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
I've had a similar experience. I checked in for AS 2 once the afternoon before departure (SEA-DCA), and misplaced my boarding pass, and went back in and the icon was there. yay. I was comfortably seated and saw 3 or 4 colleagues from the office shuffle by on the way to the back.

Search this Thread