Wiki Posts
Search

New Coach Meal - Penne & Sausage

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2011, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A+, AS MVP, UA 1P
New Coach Meal - Penne & Sausage

Just took a SEA-DEN flight a few days ago, and unfortunately missed upgrading by one seat. But I got a nice exit aisle seat in coach, so I was still pretty happy.

I noticed the eastbound lunch option had changed, with the nasty (IMO) chicken sandwich replaced by a Penne Marinara with Italian Sausage and a piece of garlic bread. I decided to give it a try, and it was delicious! I'd get it again in a heartbeat; it was actually a lot better than many of the meals I've had in F.

^
Old Jan 15, 2011, 11:04 pm

Programs: AS 75k, SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by CA1900
Just took a SEA-DEN flight a few days ago, and unfortunately missed upgrading by one seat. But I got a nice exit aisle seat in coach, so I was still pretty happy.

I noticed the eastbound lunch option had changed, with the nasty (IMO) chicken sandwich replaced by a Penne Marinara with Italian Sausage and a piece of garlic bread. I decided to give it a try, and it was delicious! I'd get it again in a heartbeat; it was actually a lot better than many of the meals I've had in F.

^
Yeah, I wish we had the option in F to opt for a coach meal. Lots of times I'm happier with the cheeseburger or a snack pack than whatever we get in F. Sometimes they charge me for it, sometimes they don't. But surely the coach meal can't cost AS more than the F selection?

Glad to know there's another good option for a coach meal. IMO paying for meals is the best thing that has ever happened to airline food. It creates an incentive for the airlines to serve a wider variety of higher-quality food, since people actually have to be convinced to pay for it.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 3:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Enjoyed this option- compliments the burger on the non-burger flights ^

Old Jan 17, 2011, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by beckoa
Enjoyed this option- compliments the burger on the non-burger flights ^

Yummy!!! I loves to eat pasta & sausage and it was absolutely so delicious!! I loves it!! ^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.