Update on LAX move

Old Jan 15, 11, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus Premier Silver, HHonors Silver
Update on LAX move

I know that the T-6 renovations aren't supposed to be finished until early 2012, but does anyone know a timeline for the move? Will they wait until the terminal is completely finished, or move over before the end of the year?
Old Jan 24, 11, 6:21 pm

The understanding I have is that the move will occur after the vast majority of the renovations have been completed. That's the reason AirTran and JetBlue are now in T3 (and we are using gates at T2 as well as needed)... Yes it's inconvenient but I think that due to the scope of work being done at T6 (as well as the likely issue of asbestos) that this lets the construction occur in vacant spaces of the building with less conflict between construction and operations.

I too wish we were not still a year away from our new home (I've seen some sweet designs for what is planned)... but it will be well worth the wait.
Old Jan 24, 11, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP (1.7MM), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat
Anyone know plans for a new LAX Boardroom? Considering a 3-year Boardroom membership and if LAX has a nice new one then...
Old Jan 24, 11, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by mikelat View Post
Anyone know plans for a new LAX Boardroom? Considering a 3-year Boardroom membership and if LAX has a nice new one then...
They will have a new one and should be very

Not quite the same views, but mockups look nice.
Old Jan 24, 11, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Silver/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Originally Posted by mikelat View Post
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
They will have a new one and should be very

Not quite the same views, but mockups look nice.
That will be a nice alternative to the DL club in terminal 5 for DL flyers, assuming they keep the tunnel between T5 and T6 open.
Old Jan 24, 11, 10:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
That will be a nice alternative to the DL club in terminal 5 for DL flyers, assuming they keep the tunnel between T5 and T6 open.
We'll enjoy the DL SC as well... better selection of complimentary beverages... and showers
Old Jan 24, 11, 10:47 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold75k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
We'll enjoy the DL SC as well... better selection of complimentary beverages... and showers
maybe I should have posted in the newbie lounge, but showers?? really? hmm.. I have never noticed them anywhere. But then in LAX I always go to the AS boardroom.

CTP
Old Jan 24, 11, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by ctporter View Post
maybe I should have posted in the newbie lounge, but showers?? really? hmm.. I have never noticed them anywhere. But then in LAX I always go to the AS boardroom.

CTP
Yup, they just redid that lounge
Just a shortage on power outlets- but self-serve beverages

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...novations.html
Old Jan 25, 11, 12:07 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by ctporter View Post

CTP
Yup, the showers in the DL lounges are quite nice... Also, if you have any issues finding power, then hit the showers... You will have your own outlet there
Old Jan 25, 11, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by golfingboy View Post
Yup, the showers in the DL lounges are quite nice... Also, if you have any issues finding power, then hit the showers... You will have your own outlet there
Sounds like a disturbing combination- but have relied on the one in JFK before
Old Jan 25, 11, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
err with DL having gates on T6 plus T6 being used for NRT i'm going to bet it stays open.
Old Jan 25, 11, 1:05 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291 View Post
err with DL having gates on T6 plus T6 being used for NRT i'm going to bet it stays open.
Not only that, DL just opened a new TSA checkpoint in the tunnel as part of the renovations I guess...

The agent denied me entry to the SkyPriority security lane when I was on a BusinessElite itinerary and forced me to use the downstairs one... Of course, I got stuck in a loooong line and it took me about 30 minutes to get through security

SkyPriority lane should NEVER be closed period, after all we are supposed to have a dedicated machine for SkyPriority lanes and the agents up there NEEDS to start preventing people from the regular lines from using those lanes...

Sorry, but just needed to vent a little
Old Jan 25, 11, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291 View Post
Agreed... might even get T-4 to T-5 open for AA too...

Search this Thread