Wiki Posts
Search

Basic question on the web site

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2011, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, DL PM, Starwood gold, Fairmont plat
Basic question on the web site

Couldn't find this when I searched; sorry if it's already been answered. Is there a reason why we are restricted to searching for a reservation before OLCI time with only the e-ticket or confirmation number, and not our FF number as other airlines do? All my travel is on the computer at work, so when I'm home I can't look up a future resrvation

Thanks

Bob
Old Jan 9, 2011, 11:29 am
HDK

Programs: AS MVPG 1MM, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, TR Seven Stars, Mlife Noir, TSA Pre
Not sure that I completely understand the concern but you can always log into your online mileage plan account, and use the "My Trips" function to check on your purchased reservations...
Old Jan 9, 2011, 12:47 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by HDK
Not sure that I completely understand the concern but you can always log into your online mileage plan account, and use the "My Trips" function to check on your purchased reservations...
However, I believe they only show up there if you were logged into my account and booked them on alaskaair.com. Perhaps the OP's tickets are booked by his work since they are on his work computer? In that case, I don't believe you can find them anyway except with a confirmation code or e-ticket number.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 1:07 pm

Programs: AS 75k, SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by oldhughesguy
Couldn't find this when I searched; sorry if it's already been answered. Is there a reason why we are restricted to searching for a reservation before OLCI time with only the e-ticket or confirmation number, and not our FF number as other airlines do? All my travel is on the computer at work, so when I'm home I can't look up a future resrvation

Thanks

Bob
I wish Alaska would implement this as well. It's tedious to manually add reservations one by one, especially since I tend to book flights in big batches, and often end up buying one-way tickets. As you point out, other airlines let you search for reservations by FF#, and many even automatically associate reservations with the users' online FF accounts, so there is really no reason Alaska couldn't if they wanted. They probably reason that the investment required is not worth the benefits. Maybe if enough FFers e-mail Alaska and request it, they'll change their minds.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 1:27 pm
HDK

Programs: AS MVPG 1MM, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, TR Seven Stars, Mlife Noir, TSA Pre
I guess I just don't see this as a major issue, my travel preferences including airline mileage plans, hotel and rental car plan numbers are in my corporate travel profile and even company booked travel reflects my variouls plan numbers.

One could also simply email a copy of the confirmation to his or hers personal email account and access the information on their home PC...
Old Jan 13, 2011, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, DL PM, Starwood gold, Fairmont plat
Cool

Originally Posted by HDK
I guess I just don't see this as a major issue, my travel preferences including airline mileage plans, hotel and rental car plan numbers are in my corporate travel profile and even company booked travel reflects my variouls plan numbers.

One could also simply email a copy of the confirmation to his or hers personal email account and access the information on their home PC...
Yeah, think I'm going to start doing that, probably easier than complaining

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.