FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   AS Predictions thread for 2011 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1166551-predictions-thread-2011-a.html)

eponymous_coward Jan 1, 2011 10:01 am

AS Predictions thread for 2011

Let them fly. Serious, ridiculous, sublime.

I'll start: Coming to AS in 2011:

At least one of the following routes:

ANC-MSP
SEA-PHL
SEA-CLT
SEA-YYZ
PDX-LIH

An AA FFP reciprocity plan will be negotiated in 2011. :) It will not include upgrades. :( But AA one-way awards will be announced during the year. :)

AS will be involved in a merger... :eek: with SY. ;) (I realize this one is WAAAAAAAY out there.) No other merger (DL, AA, US, HA, AK or JS.)

QX's "Horizon" branding will be replaced with "Alaska Express operated by Horizon". :(

We will also see non-QX "Alaska Express" flying in 2011 (since there will be a handful of routes that are infeasible for mainline OR the Q400).

There will be another Skyteam MP partner announced in 2011.

Aliquot Jan 1, 2011 10:59 am

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward (Post 15560640)
ANC-MSP
SEA-PHL
SEA-CLT
SEA-YYZ
PDX-LIH

I think ANC-MSP and PDX-LIH are the most likley in this list.
I wouldn't be suprised to see ITO-somewhere, but they aren't going to have many extra planes for expansion.

Exiled in Express Jan 1, 2011 12:52 pm

PDX-MSP
SEA-CVG
SEA-BNA, wearing both codeshares

if WN/FL shrinks the MKE hub, seasonal SEA-MKE

rybob1 Jan 1, 2011 1:05 pm

up to 2 of the following ROUTES:
  • SEA-PHL
  • SEA-MSY
  • SEA-SAT
  • SEA-SLC
  • PDX-MSP
  • 1 Addl hawaii route pair, (PDX-LIH or BUR-OGG)

Additionally:
  • QX rebranded, but not alaska express - will be alaska xxxx (xxxx still tbd)
  • 4+ order of aircraft
  • 5% stock price increase
  • AS finalizes N Satelite takeover plans in SEA, UA/CO consolidate to B, WN moves to D - not sure if B can handle widebodies, so widebody UA flights to A.

dabears1020 Jan 1, 2011 1:34 pm

Semi-realistic:
Either SEA-MSY or SEA-ABQ added.
More useless SJC-Mexico routes.
AA reciprocity becomes on the level of Delta, just no upgrades.

Dreaming:
BUR-Hawaii
OXR-SJC
PAE-PDX & GEG
SEA-PDX adds some mainline

Snow n Sail Jan 1, 2011 1:35 pm

New type of Aircraft announced...to replace CRJ's and Q400 on flights like PDX-LAX
New inflight entertainment system announced or just inseat power
AS aquires another airline (or a merger)

beckoa Jan 1, 2011 2:45 pm

...ANC-KOA... please ;)

ANC RED-EYE Jan 1, 2011 5:24 pm

2 of the following:
SEA - ITO
SEA - ABQ
SEA - PHL
SEA - MCI

Announcement that the ERJ will be added to either the AS or QX fleet

F cabin on select QX routes

No more free beer/wine on QX

New inter-island partnership announced

MP partnership with BA ends

*A adds routes to FAI and JNU; AS subsequently offers $119 each way FAI - SEA and $79 each way JNU - SEA; the lowest airfares either of these cities has seen in years.

dave1013 Jan 1, 2011 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE (Post 15562932)
*A adds routes to FAI and JNU; AS subsequently offers $119 each way FAI - SEA and $79 each way JNU - SEA; the lowest airfares either of these cities has seen in years.

If this happens I will mail you some rose petals and you can spread them at your feet!

98103 Jan 1, 2011 6:49 pm

QX will not be rebranded, but the ties to the Pacific Northwest will be downplayed

AS will not be involved in a merger

AS will continue to add service to BLI, but these flights won't get the BofA Visa pitch, but the MBNA Mastercard Pitch for Canadian residents.
BLI-LAX
BLI-PHX

New routes: 2 of the following
PDX-EWR
SEA-SLC
SEA-ABQ
SEA-MRY (QX)
ANC-DUT combi service 3x weekly, continue with PenAir partnership.

New mileage plan partner. Either:
China Southern
Condor
EVA

The fleet:
1) The return of Seahawk 1 with special livery aircraft
2) Gonzaga is the first private school to score a Q-400
3) The ugliest plane in the fleet (the Alaska statehood monstrosity) will be involved in a non-fatal runway excursion in Alaska and be written off.

beckoa Jan 1, 2011 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by 98103 (Post 15563301)
ANC-DUT combi service 3x weekly, continue with PenAir partnership.

Not sure that DUT has enough runway for a 73Q... the 732's had to spool up quite a bit to make it off AFAIK...

LETTERBOY Jan 1, 2011 9:05 pm

If this happens, I'm done with AS. The main reason I have the BofA credit card is the relationship with BA.

bcalsk Jan 1, 2011 9:14 pm

How about PDX-RDU, PDX, MIA, another run at PDX , MCO and how about 737's PDX-ONT again

sxf24 Jan 1, 2011 9:53 pm

If this happens, I'm done with AS. The main reason I have the BofA credit card is the relationship with BA.
Agreed.

Chugach Jan 1, 2011 10:01 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Let them fly. Serious, ridiculous, sublime.

I'll start: Coming to AS in 2011:

At least one of the following routes:

ANC-MSP
SEA-PHL
SEA-CLT
SEA-YYZ
PDX-LIH

An AA FFP reciprocity plan will be negotiated in 2011. :) It will not include upgrades. :( But AA one-way awards will be announced during the year. :)

AS will be involved in a merger... :eek: with SY. ;) (I realize this one is WAAAAAAAY out there.) No other merger (DL, AA, US, HA, AK or JS.)

QX's "Horizon" branding will be replaced with "Alaska Express operated by Horizon". :(

We will also see non-QX "Alaska Express" flying in 2011 (since there will be a handful of routes that are infeasible for mainline OR the Q400).

There will be another Skyteam MP partner announced in 2011.

I think it's only a matter of time before AS takes over ANC-MSP from DL, at least in the winter. Delta is already down to a single 737 this winter; it was 757 practically forever under NW.