Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Please explain if this will earn partner miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2010, 10:02 pm
Formerly known as uclaboby
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AS, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton

As part of a round trip, I will be flying from Indianapolis to Seattle. Because of the flight times on the outbound leg, I need to book with Delta, which is one of Alaska's partners. When I look at Delta's flights coming from Indy to Seattle, one is, by far, the cheapest. It happens to layover in Minneapolis, where I would then switch to a flight operated by Alaska Airlines. My reservation would be for Delta flight #9*** which is not listed as an eligible flight for earning partner miles. Does the fact that the actual plane itself is an Alaska Airlines flight being codeshared by Delta, change that at all. Would you say that flight will definitely not earn Alaska miles...or should I check with customer service? Thanks.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 12:31 am

Programs: AS 75k, SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by uclaboby
As part of a round trip, I will be flying from Indianapolis to Seattle. Because of the flight times on the outbound leg, I need to book with Delta, which is one of Alaska's partners. When I look at Delta's flights coming from Indy to Seattle, one is, by far, the cheapest. It happens to layover in Minneapolis, where I would then switch to a flight operated by Alaska Airlines. My reservation would be for Delta flight #9*** which is not listed as an eligible flight for earning partner miles. Does the fact that the actual plane itself is an Alaska Airlines flight being codeshared by Delta, change that at all. Would you say that flight will definitely not earn Alaska miles...or should I check with customer service? Thanks.
All flights operated by Alaska or Horizon are eligible to earn AS/QX miles. If the codeshare flight posts as Delta, e-mail Mileage Plan and they will correct it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.