2010 MVPG Upgrade Certificates

Old Dec 7, 10, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this posting. If I'm screwing this up please feel free to let me know.

I have 8 MVP Gold 2010 upgrade certificates on Alaska Airlines that my family never ended up using. We planned on using them for a recent flight but were upgraded without needing them. Our flights for the rest of the year are on other airlines.

My understanding is that these certificates are fully transferable. They allow any purchased ticket to be upgraded to first class, so long as there is room in first class when you call Alaska Airlines to upgrade.

Is there anyone out there who could use these certificates this year? If so, let me know how to get in touch with you. I would hate to see them go unused.
Old Dec 7, 10, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

I have 8 MVP Gold 2010 upgrade certificates on Alaska Airlines that my family never ended up using. We planned on using them for a recent flight but were upgraded without needing them. Our flights for the rest of the year are on other airlines.

My understanding is that these certificates are fully transferable. They allow any purchased ticket to be upgraded to first class, so long as there is room in first class when you call Alaska Airlines to upgrade.

Is there anyone out there who could use these certificates this year? If so, let me know how to get in touch with you.
Old Dec 7, 10, 2:03 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
{nevermind}

You can also leave them with the Board Room concierges or any gate agent to upgrade people when there is the opportunity.

Last edited by missydarlin; Dec 7, 10 at 3:06 pm Reason: taken care of already :)
Old Dec 7, 10, 2:44 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
In past years I've dropped my extras off at the Board Room or at the airport and asked the CSAs to surprise someone with a Christmas upgrade gift.
Old Dec 7, 10, 4:38 pm

Programs: MVP Gold, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by missydarlin View Post
{nevermind}

You can also leave them with the Board Room concierges or any gate agent to upgrade people when there is the opportunity.
Wow, so they actually do this for customers? I just assumed they humored us and tossed them
Old Dec 7, 10, 4:53 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
hmmm thanks for the reminder I still have 1 or 2 so I guess its time to make a trip to the airport here in a few days and give them to some unsuspecting service members
Old Dec 7, 10, 10:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP
I've got three leftover, and I REALLY like the idea of giving them to the BR concierge to randomly upgrade someone. A chance to play Santa...

Good idea
Old Dec 7, 10, 11:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BW Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Don't let them expire...if anyone has any extra upgrades, let me know...I'm taking the family (me, wife, and kids) to Vegas (from PDX) in a couple weeks...the upgrades would be nice mainly so we wouldn't have to pay for the checked baggage....thanks
Old Dec 7, 10, 11:59 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG75K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by missydarlin View Post
{nevermind}

titmtptms
Old Dec 8, 10, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by BLI-Flyer View Post
In past years I've dropped my extras off at the Board Room or at the airport and asked the CSAs to surprise someone with a Christmas upgrade gift.
+1
Old Dec 8, 10, 1:26 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum
disneyland

If anyone in the Seattle area has any left and can't use them, please let me know as I would be eternally grateful. Surprising the family with a trip to Disneyland this weekend and I gave mine to a friend last month thinking I wouldn't be able to use them. This would be a nice treat!
Old Dec 8, 10, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP /United Silver/Marriot Plat / HH Gold / SPG Gold
I also have 2 2010 AS MVP Gold upgrade certs - Usuable on any flight with U space available.

I'll even fork over for shipping - please PM if you are interested in there upgrades...
Old Dec 8, 10, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP /United Silver/Marriot Plat / HH Gold / SPG Gold
My 2 certs have been spoken for.

Easy come - easy go!
Old Dec 8, 10, 3:32 pm

Programs: AS Gold75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Mugamack (or anyone else),

After years of never needing my paper upgrades, I'm actually in a position to use two of them this year... and can't for the life of me find them. If anyone's feeling generous, please send me a PM.

Mugamack, there's a message in your inbox.
Old Dec 8, 10, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

They are all spoken for

Sorry I couldn't get back to everyone who submitted a request.

All of the certificates are spoken for.

For anyone who is out there with extra certificates, people are in need... of first class seating. It's the holidays! Give them away before they expire!

Search this Thread