Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Ensuring AS segments are credited to AS when on AA codeshare?

Old Dec 6, 10, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (1.7MM), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat

I am an AA EXP but with being in Seattle I'm on a good number of AS flights to either SFO or LAX as part of my itineraries. I'd like to get status on AS and think I can just from the AS portions of my itineraries. Is it possible to credit just that AS leg of my trips to AS and the rest to AA? Or is it all or nothing?
Old Dec 8, 10, 3:17 pm
Moderator, Alaska Airlines & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR (ex-75K, GLD, 1K, and S+), Choice Diamond, HZ PC, Costco Exec, NPS Passport
Originally Posted by mikelat View Post
I am an AA EXP but with being in Seattle I'm on a good number of AS flights to either SFO or LAX as part of my itineraries. I'd like to get status on AS and think I can just from the AS portions of my itineraries. Is it possible to credit just that AS leg of my trips to AS and the rest to AA? Or is it all or nothing?
If you book through AS, generally no. Some of the older-school agents know how to get into the underlying SABRE (AS uses a SABRE overlay called IMAGE) and manually code this into the itinerary, but it's rare to find someone who knows how to do this.

If you book through AA, then yes, AAgents should be able to split FF earning by segment.

The other option would be to enter no FF account number and then submit boarding passes for credit to the respective airlines, but then you lose your FF benefits on those flights...
Old Dec 8, 10, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (1.7MM), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat
Thanks Jackal. Most of my bookings are through AA.Com. I didn't realize I could just get AA to change the FF # on the AS segments. I'll give em a call and get that setup.
Old Dec 9, 10, 2:54 am
Moderator, Alaska Airlines & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR (ex-75K, GLD, 1K, and S+), Choice Diamond, HZ PC, Costco Exec, NPS Passport
Originally Posted by mikelat View Post
Thanks Jackal. Most of my bookings are through AA.Com. I didn't realize I could just get AA to change the FF # on the AS segments. I'll give em a call and get that setup.
These two threads explain in more detail what to do if you meet some resistance:

http://www.frequentflier.com/forums/...698e169a2011be (specifically the third post)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...ff-number.html

Search this Thread