Wiki Posts
Search

Website down

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2010, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K UAL Premier Exec
Website down

Can't access Mileage Plan or My Account online. MVPG desk said technical issues. Hope to have them resolved in the next hour. Last day of the sale!
Old Dec 6, 2010, 8:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Well took about 6 tries but finally booked an anc-ord itin

would be nice if AS extended the sale a day...

On AS885 right now so will lose wifi in a bit...
Old Dec 7, 2010, 9:00 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Took me a half-hour of trying and re-trying, but I discovered how to book during last night's difficulties -- don't request a seat assignment. Then it goes through.

Very odd. But I tried everything else, including not logging in. It always choked on pulling up the seat map or even making seat assignments based on preferences.

AS, you've GOT to fix this. It seems to happen every sale.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 7:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
Took me a half-hour of trying and re-trying, but I discovered how to book during last night's difficulties -- don't request a seat assignment. Then it goes through.

Very odd. But I tried everything else, including not logging in. It always choked on pulling up the seat map or even making seat assignments based on preferences.

seems I ended up with two identical itins... need to give them a call..
Old Dec 8, 2010, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Seattlenerd

I was attempting to book without requesting a seat assignment (because our plane was boarding and I just wanted to get the fare) and it was still failing.

I booked one trip online after about 20 minutes of retrying and then walked up to the gate I was boarding out of and bought the second ticket directly from the GA. Kinda ...
Old Dec 9, 2010, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems like it's down again now and has been down for at least the last 15 or so minutes.

Haven't tried actually booking a ticket, but logging in to My Account fails with an error message:

Our web server encountered an internal error. It was logged to aid our staff in finding a solution.

For guidance with this transaction, call Customer Care at 1-800-654-5669, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. (PT)

Server Name: Q19

Server Time: 12/9/2010 10:45:25 PM
Old Dec 10, 2010, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jackal
Seems like it's down again now and has been down for at least the last 15 or so minutes.

Haven't tried actually booking a ticket, but logging in to My Account fails with an error message:
Same error at 5:32am AST!

I want to see if I'm 75K yet!
Old Dec 10, 2010, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

STILL down at 7:53am AST. It's almost 9am on the West Coast. Surely someone at AS has got to be in the office and know it's down and should be working on it!

Or is it just me? Can anyone else check and post confirmation?
Old Dec 10, 2010, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
STILL down at 7:53am AST. It's almost 9am on the West Coast. Surely someone at AS has got to be in the office and know it's down and should be working on it!

It is you. I can view my 75K status here. The MP was so impressed that I reached 75K before you that the system overloaded in joy. Sorry!
Old Dec 10, 2010, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
It is you. I can view my 75K status here. The MP was so impressed that I reached 75K before you that the system overloaded in joy. Sorry!
Weeeeeeeeird.

Well, I suppose I'll actually call the listed number and see if something in the database of my account is causing the blip.

Apparently whichever log they log it in "to aid [their] staff in finding a solution" isn't checked regularly.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Just asked Jenn and she said it wasn't you. It was me. The system was so absolutely shocked that I made it to 75K that it gave up its ghost in protest.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Called the number on the error page and waited on hold 10 minutes. Hung up and called 1-800-ALASKA-AIR. Was transferred immediately to the Gold Desk (of course) and asked the agent to connect me to the website support group.

She told me to wait while she pulled up the account and then told me, "Wow! It looks like our systems are down. I just spoke with the previous customer and they were just working!"

I explained to her that others were able to log in to their accounts and I could even log into a family member's account with no issues. She then promptly transferred me to Customer Care, who answered in about 30 seconds (instead of the 10 minutes I spent holding earlier).

Same thing transpired. She read my Mileage Plan account number back to me and then said, "It appears our entire system is down, which is why you probably can't log in." I explained to her that no, it was just me twice and actually tell her I was logging in at that moment to another person's account with no issues before she believed me.

She said she would have to report it and was there anything else she could help me with. I said, "Well, is there any way I can get an expected time of resolution?" She then placed me on hold for about five minutes before coming back and saying that she would have to file a trouble ticket and to try it again in an hour. I asked for a case number in case it still wasn't working later and she said she would make notes in my account that customer care could read.

A bit of a brusque attitude from a supposed customer service professional, but hey, as long as things are fixed, I'm OK.

Interestingly, whichever error message those two agents were seeing when they attempted to log in with my account was telling them (like it did to me) that the whole system was down. Odd...
Old Dec 10, 2010, 11:16 am

Called the number on the error page and waited on hold 10 minutes. Hung up and called 1-800-ALASKA-AIR. Was transferred immediately to the Gold Desk (of course) and asked the agent to connect me to the website support group.

She told me to wait while she pulled up the account and then told me, "Wow! It looks like our systems are down. I just spoke with the previous customer and they were just working!"

I explained to her that others were able to log in to their accounts and I could even log into a family member's account with no issues. She then promptly transferred me to Customer Care, who answered in about 30 seconds (instead of the 10 minutes I spent holding earlier).

Same thing transpired. She read my Mileage Plan account number back to me and then said, "It appears our entire system is down, which is why you probably can't log in." I explained to her that no, it was just me twice and actually tell her I was logging in at that moment to another person's account with no issues before she believed me.

She said she would have to report it and was there anything else she could help me with. I said, "Well, is there any way I can get an expected time of resolution?" She then placed me on hold for about five minutes before coming back and saying that she would have to file a trouble ticket and to try it again in an hour. I asked for a case number in case it still wasn't working later and she said she would make notes in my account that customer care could read.

A bit of a brusque attitude from a supposed customer service professional, but hey, as long as things are fixed, I'm OK.

Interestingly, whichever error message those two agents were seeing when they attempted to log in with my account was telling them (like it did to me) that the whole system was down. Odd...
No issues logging in myself... and the last batch o' miles have not posted...
Old Dec 10, 2010, 1:02 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
I'm having the same issue as jackal. I called Customer Support and they were able to duplicate the error on their end. The rep said she was forwarding the issue to the web support department and promised to notify me when it's resolved.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 1:22 pm

Same error here when clicking "My Account" or trying to view anything MP-related. Thankfully OLCI is still working fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.