2011 MVPG Guest UG certs

Old Jan 22, 2011, 12:23 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by makfan
I qualified for MVPG on Dec. 26 and got my MVPG packet today, with 4 paper upgrade certs.

It did say welcome to the "highest" level of Mileage Plan.
Originally Posted by erikatcuse
MVPG packet arrived today in the mail...
ditto - packet arrived today; qualification on 12/30. I guess all it took was my post yesterday!
Old Jan 22, 2011, 1:29 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
MVPG packet arrived today as well. I qualified on 12/27.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 8:42 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Spoke with a CSR last week. They indicated my MVPG re-qualification packet was to have been mailed at the end of September ... but I never received one. She didn't know if it was actually mailed, or just scheduled to have been.

So now it's be re-requested and it could be 8-10 weeks for it to arrive. She did mail me the upgrade certs separately so I'd have them on hand.

We'll see if the packet and card show up in two months, or with the usual end-of-January (now February) mailings now being received. Alaska either needs a new supplier or a new process.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 4:56 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by dave1013
I just have a fear, and it is exactly that and I admit it, that the "good times" most of us have enjoyed with upgrade certs will not be around come January. What I mean is, we will all start being asked for the coupons when we check in - no exceptions. Jan. 1 is an arbitrary date, but it's my arbitrary date. I'd rather it be Dec. 31, 2011, but I reiterate my fear.

Most of us, myself included, have been afforded the privilege of sitting up front on the same coupon. I still have two of my four of my 2010 coupons. The other two I gave to a co-worker who didn't have status and was going to the east coast. My two remaining coupons should have been collected a long time ago; they weren't. I haven't been asked for them, and I haven't offered them, either. Bottom line: I've gotten something for nothing, many times over. I admit it, as should most of us. AS management also knows this and may conclude that the new year is as good a time as any to start tightening the belt a little. (Frankly, I hope I'm wrong because I have several trips booked for the first quarter and yes, I have called and upgraded myself via certificate. Hence, my interest in certificate-collection changes.)

AS could probably sell more F seats or at least get some buy-up's by dispensing with their largess. Less planes are in the air and F seats are a somewhat more precious commodity.

I realize there are some on the forum here who have strong feelings that this is how business should have been conducted all along. You're going to get your wish, it's just a matter of when.
BUMP to my post of a few months ago to share my experience in the last two trips I have taken (both of which involved upgrade-by-coupon) - I was asked for the coupon in both instances. This is within the last two weeks. Demanding the coupon now seems to now be hardwired into the check-in process whether you have OLCI'ed or not (one trip I did OLCI, one I didn't). Looks like the days of wine and roses are over!
Old Mar 8, 2011, 6:18 pm
ucc

BUMP to my post of a few months ago to share my experience in the last two trips I have taken (both of which involved upgrade-by-coupon) - I was asked for the coupon in both instances. This is within the last two weeks. Demanding the coupon now seems to now be hardwired into the check-in process whether you have OLCI'ed or not (one trip I did OLCI, one I didn't). Looks like the days of wine and roses are over!
Actually it's not over ... yet. GF just got UG'ed on two flights a few days ago without being asked for the coupon.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 6:42 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
Which airports was this at? I've NEVER been asked for a coupon anywhere except at SEA.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 6:49 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by hgdf
Which airports was this at? I've NEVER been asked for a coupon anywhere except at SEA.
JNU and SMF
Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by hgdf
I was asked at STL a few months back.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 5:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AC E, HH Diamond
I've always been asked at DCA and MIA.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
I forgot to bring one to HNL for a return trip last week...luckily they didn't ask for it
Old Mar 11, 2011, 12:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wonderous device: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by erikatcuse
I forgot to bring one to HNL for a return trip last week...luckily they didn't ask for it
Very lucky... I've been asked there before...
Old Mar 11, 2011, 8:10 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, SPG Plat, Hertz FiveStar
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wonderous device: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

And what happens if you don't have it?
Old Mar 11, 2011, 8:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

Originally Posted by dawtips
Originally Posted by beckoa

And what happens if you don't have it?
Haven't had that happen, but always travel w/ them.

Guess you'd have the walk o' shame...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.