FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   urgent same-day paid standby question (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1144552-urgent-same-day-paid-standby-question.html)

wlynnw Nov 5, 2010 10:53 am

*URGENT* same-day paid standby question

Hi all - I was stuck in the traffic jam this morning, so I missed my original flight departing 8a. The next flight is 5p. Since I have no status on AS, I can only pay to stand by within the 6-hour window of the new flight. In my case, this means that I cannot stand by by the time my original flight departs. Then I become a no-show, and theoretically even lose the eligibility to stand by for anything. I called AS and the agents gave me varying and confusing answers. Shall I still go to the airport this afternoon to try my luck? Help please!!!

missydarlin Nov 5, 2010 10:59 am

at 11 am go back into the reservation and see if it will let you do SDC for the 5pm flight.

missydarlin Nov 5, 2010 10:59 am

otherwise you'll need to process it as a regular ticket change.

wlynnw Nov 5, 2010 2:18 pm

the reservation is removed on the website following the original departure time (8a). but the system also asks me go to the airport to see an agent.

is this because of airport agent being more helpful than phone agent or website?

Originally Posted by missydarlin (Post 15081114)
at 11 am go back into the reservation and see if it will let you do SDC for the 5pm flight.

missydarlin Nov 5, 2010 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by wlynnw (Post 15082319)
the reservation is removed on the website following the original departure time (8a). but the system also asks me go to the airport to see an agent.

is this because of airport agent being more helpful than phone agent or website?

Only an airport agent can offer you SDC after your original flight has departed.

seacarl Nov 8, 2010 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by wlynnw (Post 15081072)
Hi all - I was stuck in the traffic jam this morning, so I missed my original flight departing 8a. The next flight is 5p. Since I have no status on AS, I can only pay to stand by within the 6-hour window of the new flight. In my case, this means that I cannot stand by by the time my original flight departs. Then I become a no-show, and theoretically even lose the eligibility to stand by for anything. I called AS and the agents gave me varying and confusing answers. Shall I still go to the airport this afternoon to try my luck? Help please!!!

Most airlines have a "flat tire" rule. If you get to the airport within two hours of your scheduled departure, they'll try to rebook you or let you stand by for other flights the same day. But I think you have to make it to the airport for that to work. The idea is if you were trying to make your flight and something unexpected/unforeseen delayed you, they'll try to get you there.