Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Airport Check-In Required: Too many segments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airport Check-In Required: Too many segments

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Sigh. Same-ish day RT somehow has tripped the too many segments limitation. 3 out and 3 back. I can check in for the downstream segments, just not the first one.

Didn’t happen for a 7 or 8 segment trip a couple months ago (purchased as a multi city search)...
If there is 4 hours or less it seems to be a connection... more and it's split and allows checkin IME.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 1:40 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
If there is 4 hours or less it seems to be a connection... more and it's split and allows checkin IME.
I couldn't OLCI on a 9 segment itinerary for this morning. The first 5 segments are all less than 4 hours. I won't be able to check in for the additional segments until tomorrow morning.

AS reported that the segments between A & B cannot exceed 4 for OLCI otherwise Airport check-in is required. AS sees my itinerary as PHX-LAX with connections in SEA, ANC, HNL & SEA.

James
Old Nov 30, 2018, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
More than 3 in 24 hours I believe is what trigger it. I had the same problem with United on my many mileage runs.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by beckoa
Originally Posted by CDKing
More than 3 in 24 hours I believe is what trigger it. I had the same problem with United on my many mileage runs.
The one from August was single day 7 or 8 segmenter with less than 4 hours between connections, and was able to do it online. I did check in for the later portions by the departing city to try & forestall this limitation.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Follow up: Apparently somehow my reservation got double booked on one or more segments behind the scenes. Counter agent had to call Reservations to get it fixed, but when it was over, I had new seat assignments. Thankfully the middle seat on the trans con was recoverable, the rest were toast.

ETA: gate agent was able to fix some of it. Reservations says it was due to equipment swaps. Maybe it’s a stock answer, but I appreciate getting something like that after checking rather than a blanket no seat is guaranteed answer.

Last edited by rustykettel; Nov 30, 2018 at 4:04 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.