Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Visa Signature Card Sign up promos?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2010, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Visa Signature Card Sign up promos?

Are there any special links other than alaska's site for signing up. How quickly do the cards usually arrive?

Any baggage waivers like DL AMEX?
Old Aug 1, 2010, 2:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa\'s PWP wonderous poster: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by vickh
Are there any special links other than alaska's site for signing up. How quickly do the cards usually arrive?

Any baggage waivers like DL AMEX?
No bennies w/ baggage- best perk is $99 companion cert IMO...

Cards delivered via USPS
Old Aug 1, 2010, 11:58 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HHonors Gold VIP, Marriott Rewards Gold
You can earn an additional 1,000 MileagePlan miles by completing a paper application from a Flight Attendant or onboard at the GoGo Wifi Inflight Internet Visa page with a FA's promotional code.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PDXFlyBoy
You can earn an additional 1,000 MileagePlan miles by completing a paper application from a Flight Attendant or onboard at the GoGo Wifi Inflight Internet Visa page with a FA's promotional code.
Thanks.
Any way to do these specials from home??
Old Aug 1, 2010, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa\'s PWP wonderous poster: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

best perk is $99 companion cert IMO...
Thanks!

how long is it valid? terms link?
Old Aug 2, 2010, 9:29 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Thanks!

how long is it valid? terms link?
One year from your anniversary date... You need to use your companion cert before the anniversary date, however, you do not have to travel before that date... I.E. cert expires on Aug 31st, but on Aug 21st I book for a trip in October...

Link to the AS BOA Visa Signature Terms and Conditions
Old Aug 3, 2010, 2:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by golfingboy
One year from your anniversary date... You need to use your companion cert before the anniversary date, however, you do not have to travel before that date... I.E. cert expires on Aug 31st, but on Aug 21st I book for a trip in October...

Link to the AS BOA Visa Signature Terms and Conditions
Or send a PM to an FT'er as there are referral bonuses out there (granted email addresses will be exchanged, but its 2,500 miles per referral)
Old Aug 27, 2010, 12:37 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Diamond Medallion, Delta Amex Reserve, Marriott Rewards Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Spire
Board Room Passes?

In reading the welcome kits for the Visa Signature cards I was approved for it mentions I should be getting two boardroom passes as part of the approval. I have not seen them in the initial mail pack, have people been receiving those separately of late? In other threads I read they were supposed to be in the initial approval pack, however I have not seen them in there.

Thanks!
Old Aug 27, 2010, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by whooperatw
In reading the welcome kits for the Visa Signature cards I was approved for it mentions I should be getting two boardroom passes as part of the approval. I have not seen them in the initial mail pack, have people been receiving those separately of late? In other threads I read they were supposed to be in the initial approval pack, however I have not seen them in there.

Thanks!
Youll see them about 2-3 weeks after you get your card.....sucky thing is, they have expiration dates on them....I just got this card and noticed the BR passes expire sometime in 2011.....lame.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 3:22 am

Programs: DL (suckered me into) Diamond, ICH Plat RA, SPG Plat
Did the companion pass come with the approval kit? Or was it automatically posted to your FF account once the card was approved?
Old Aug 29, 2010, 2:55 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by boxweaver
Did the companion pass come with the approval kit? Or was it automatically posted to your FF account once the card was approved?
It will post into your Account [in the Discount Codes section] about a week or so after you activate your card... Then a few weeks later you will get a separate letter from Alaska congratulating you for getting the signature card and lists all the travel benefits that comes with the signature card... In that kit, there are two complimentary Boardroom passes at the bottom...
Old Aug 29, 2010, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies!

Got the card and miles w/o activation. Not in time for my PDX trip

Do they waive annual fees? (I have a lot on deposit with BOA)

What if I cancel do they take away miles??

Last edited by vickh; Aug 29, 2010 at 9:37 pm
Old Sep 1, 2010, 12:20 am

Smile

Thanks for the replies!

Got the card and miles w/o activation. Not in time for my PDX trip

Do they waive annual fees? (I have a lot on deposit with BOA)

What if I cancel do they take away miles??
They used to waive the fee if you have lots money with BofA. not anymore.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 7:52 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Alaska Pure MVP GOLD, Alaska Airlines Boardroom
I applied for the signature card about a year ago and they sent me the Platinum Plus. How/Where can I upgrade to the signature? Is there any major benifit? I have tried calling the Bank of America customer service and they try to sell me another card (two annual fees no thanks ).
Old Sep 8, 2010, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by aconninak
I applied for the signature card about a year ago and they sent me the Platinum Plus. How/Where can I upgrade to the signature? Is there any major benifit? I have tried calling the Bank of America customer service and they try to sell me another card (two annual fees no thanks ).
Give them a call... you'll need a 5K credit limit.

Biggest bennie is 3x miles per $ spent on alaskaair.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.