Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Visa Signature Card = Portland Board Room Access 7/22 - 8/19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2010, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, A3 Gold, AA EXP, AB Gold, AmEx Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Cinco Estrella
Sign announcing PDX BR access for BofA Signature cardholders

Hello,

Today I saw a photocopied announcement posted outside the PDX BR stating that BofA Signature cardholders would have access to the BR. The sign didn't provide any details in the fine print, and I didn't have time to ask the BR agent for an explanation (I had just barely enough time to grab some espresso from the robot and bolt for my CRJ in Concourse A).

I did not see any sign of that nature near the BR at SEA.

My guess is that this is either a limited time offer for all AS Signature cardholders with no passes required, or it could just be referring to BR passes offered to new cardholders.

If anyone can dig up some of the details that I was too rushed/lazy to find out for myself, I'm sure quite a few folks here would appreciate it.

(Posted at altitude on AS26 SEA->ORD)
Old Jul 25, 2010, 11:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), UA Silver, OW Sapphire
I'll be there on Tuesday and ask Renee, if nobody else gets there sooner.

Seems very, very unlikely that all AS Visa Signature card holders would be invited in as a regular deal. More likely they're pushing the card and the free passes you get when you sign up?

Dave
Old Jul 26, 2010, 12:18 am

Hi all, I was just there today and thought I would ask in here for more information. There were a couple advertisements in the A concourse. I didn't bother an agent because it was swamped in there. The poster did mention it was for PDX only and it did not seem to mention any restrictions. Just said Alaska signature card will get you into the board room.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 1:25 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan,KE Morning Calm+ (ST E+),SPG Gold
Originally Posted by emax48
Hi all, I was just there today and thought I would ask in here for more information. There were a couple advertisements in the A concourse. I didn't bother an agent because it was swamped in there. The poster did mention it was for PDX only and it did not seem to mention any restrictions. Just said Alaska signature card will get you into the board room.
Hmm...I'll wait for someone else to chime in on this but this sounds great! Now i'll want to do PDX!
Old Jul 26, 2010, 5:45 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, FB Plat, AS Gold, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Plat, BA wannabe
Originally Posted by bakedpatato
Now i'll want to do PDX!

This is a perfect place to "do" a modification to the old Oregon motto:

"Welcome to Oregon - now that you've "done" PDX, please go home."

Remember it rains all the time in Oregon - BoardRoom notwithstanding.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 11:02 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), UA Silver, OW Sapphire
Here's some information straight from Alaska Airlines:

- This is a one-month promo only, to drum up support for the PDX Board Room.
- It's for Visa Signature card holders only.
- There are NO guest privileges with this promo. Only the card member is entitled to entry.

I'm not sure when the promo started, but I didn't see evidence of it last week, so I'm guessing it will run through mid-to-late August.

Dave
Old Jul 26, 2010, 12:16 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium

Alaska Airlines Visa Signature Card Holders receive complimentary access to the Portland Board Room between July 22, 2010, and August 19, 2010.

Access is valid for the cardholder only, no guests permitted.

Last edited by jackal; Jul 26, 2010 at 5:44 pm Reason: Fixing typo on dates
Old Jul 26, 2010, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by missydarlin
Alaska Airlines Visa Signature Card Holders receive complimentary access to the Portland Board Room between July 22, 2010, and August 9, 2010.

Access is valid for the cardholder only, no guests permitted.
Thanks for posting the official word!

Dave
Old Jul 26, 2010, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Because of the importance of this announcement, I'm going to close this thread and leave it stickied so missydarlin's post remains first. Please direct discussion on this to the existing thread here, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...rdholders.html, which will be merged with this after the promotion expires for archival purposes.

Edit: Threads have been merged.

Thanks,
jackal
Co-Moderator
Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Forum

Last edited by jackal; Aug 19, 2010 at 10:40 pm
Old Jul 26, 2010, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you didn't already notice it, please see the announcement by missydarlin here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...22-8-19-a.html

Now if only I could make it to PDX before August 19th!

Last edited by jackal; Jul 26, 2010 at 10:04 pm Reason: date typo! :eek:
Old Jul 26, 2010, 3:12 pm

Programs: MVPG, Hilton Diamond
Confused. Missydarlin's announcement mentions 8/19 in the subject line, but August 9 in the body of the post. Which is accurate? Hopefully 19th as I'll be through Portland on the 10th.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 4:27 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by nerdboytodd
Confused. Missydarlin's announcement mentions 8/19 in the subject line, but August 9 in the body of the post. Which is accurate? Hopefully 19th as I'll be through Portland on the 10th.
its the 19th. I can't fix my typo because the thread is locked.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nerdboytodd
Sorry for the confusion. Missy's post in the other thread as well as mine above has been edited to say the 19th.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 8:30 am

Programs: MVPG, Hilton Diamond
Sweet! Thanks for the clarification! I'll be enjoying a good 10 minutes in the BR in PDX in August. If my travel picks up a bit more I may have to renew my BR membership as I let it lapse a couple of years ago due to travel patterns.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 11:43 am

This morning it was nice and mellow - only had to wait behind one person for my pancakes . A few people came in on the promo during the 20 minutes I was there.

Johanna said it was very busy over the weekend (when the promo was first announced); less so the past two days. But I imagine that as people who saw the announcement factor it into their plans at PDX, things will pick up a bit.

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.