Qantas Asia-Australia award using AS miles?

Old May 29, 10, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott LT Gold
Qantas Asia-Australia award using AS miles?

I assume it's a longshot given that it is not shown in the AS online award charts, but does anyone know if one can redeem AS miles for an award on Qantas from Asia to Australia?
Old May 29, 10, 2:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, One Pass, SPG, Marriot Rewards,Sky Miles, AMEX Miles
We have used AS miles for QF awards from the US to NZ. Best to call up the Partner Award desk and ask them about flying between the two continents.....
Old May 29, 10, 3:03 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by JPat View Post
We have used AS miles for QF awards from the US to NZ. Best to call up the Partner Award desk and ask them about flying between the two continents.....
Okay, but the award chart clearly states "North America to/from Australia / New Zealand." What you did is clearly allowed, but nothing is said about Asia-Australia awards. As you said, I would suggest just calling the partner desk and seeing if it's possible. I hear the penalty for getting a "no" answer is only 20,000 miles now.

edit - Also, if you're coming from Hong Kong, Cathay Pacific does offer awards using AS miles from Hong Kong to Australia. Something to consider if that fits with your plans.

Last edited by dabears1020; May 29, 10 at 5:14 pm
Old Jun 2, 10, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott LT Gold
No big surprise but the Partner Desk did confirm that QF awards are not available from Asia.

(Cathay does fly the route, but they only offer Business not First -- and more importantly to me they don't use A380s like QF does... Still chasing my first ride in the whale ;-)

Search this Thread