FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Confusing Eligible Mileage Earning Fare Classes on Partners (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1089179-confusing-eligible-mileage-earning-fare-classes-partners.html)

golfingboy May 25, 2010 6:04 pm

Confusing Eligible Mileage Earning Fare Classes on Partners

American Airlines

Originally Posted by Alaskaair.com
Mileage is not earned for flights in "E" class of service, and flights to South America in "O" class of service.

Then it says:

*Mileage is not earned for international tickets flown in O class of service.

KLM

Originally Posted by Alaskaair.com
Mileage is not earned for tickets flown in N, G, and V classes of service. Mileage credit must be requested within 9 months of original flight date.

Then it says:

*Mileage is not earned for tickets flown in N, D, G, V, and W classes of service.

Mileage Plan Partners

My sister recently flew to Dominican Republic on AA and the outbound flight was in "O", but I cannot figure out whether she will earn miles or not... It has always been known that "O" does not earn miles on any International flight, but now part of the site is citing that "O" is only uneligible on flights to South America... It would be nice if they used table formatting like everybody else to make it easier for everybody to understand....

Some examples:
Continental
United
Delta
US Airways

longdrelation May 25, 2010 6:10 pm

And it was confirmed to me that they no longer give us the EQM bonus when flying paid F on the AA, DL, etc partners. That is a bummer to me. Everyone else gives the 1.5 EQMs for paid F. I see this as a method to steer us away from flying DL (for example) versus AS as a paid F on flights. Okay, fine, but when AS starts offering flights from LAX to MSP or JFK, I won't fly DL in F.

golfingboy May 25, 2010 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by longdrelation (Post 14022761)
And it was confirmed to me that they no longer give us the EQM bonus when flying paid F on the AA, DL, etc partners. That is a bummer to me. Everyone else gives the 1.5 EQMs for paid F. I see this as a method to steer us away from flying DL (for example) versus AS as a paid F on flights. Okay, fine, but when AS starts offering flights from LAX to MSP or JFK, I won't fly DL in F.

Wait a minute? When did they say that?

Thread about this issue: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...tus-miles.html

http://www.alaskaair.com/as/mileageplan/Bonus-Miles.asp

longdrelation May 25, 2010 6:17 pm

MagicCarpetRider checked and confirmed that as of Feb 21 it is no longer the case. Sure enough, my March flights to PHL did not give me the 1.5 EQMs. Again, though I don't agree, if they want to steer us to AS that's fine. However, when I booked those flights to PHL, I didn't see AS offering me an option to fly them in F (or at all, of course).

golfingboy May 25, 2010 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by longdrelation (Post 14022797)
MagicCarpetRider checked and confirmed that as of Feb 21 it is no longer the case. Sure enough, my March flights to PHL did not give me the 1.5 EQMs. Again, though I don't agree, if they want to steer us to AS that's fine. However, when I booked those flights to PHL, I didn't see AS offering me an option to fly them in F (or at all, of course).

Last March, I flew in F on DL and they only credited my account 1.5 RDMs, so I called customer service and gave the agent the link to bonus miles and she confirmed that I was right. Afterwards, she sent a request to the Mileage department and a few days later my account was adjusted to reflect 1.5 EQMs.

I think this is a mix up and we are entitled to the bonus EQMs when flying in paid J or F.

We are constantly getting mixed messages from AS across the board, so could someone here check with someone "high up" and give us the answer. Rest assured, this will not be taken lightly if the answer is indeed no.

hgdf May 26, 2010 12:08 am

Originally Posted by golfingboy (Post 14023474)
Last March, I flew in F on DL and they only credited my account 1.5 RDMs, so I called customer service and gave the agent the link to bonus miles and she confirmed that I was right. Afterwards, she sent a request to the Mileage department and a few days later my account was adjusted to reflect 1.5 EQMs.

I think this is a mix up and we are entitled to the bonus EQMs when flying in paid J or F.

We are constantly getting mixed messages from AS across the board, so could someone here check with someone "high up" and give us the answer. Rest assured, this will not be taken lightly if the answer is indeed no.

I remember we had a big discussion about this a while back. Since March, I've been consistently receiving the class of service bonus on DL as EQM, yet golfingboy had to bug them a few times to get his posted.

It seems pretty clear and straightforward to me unless someone in the MP department is interpreting it differently.

First Class
Earn Bonus Miles on tickets purchased for travel in First Class on Alaska Airlines*, Air France*, American Airlines*, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Delta Air Lines*, KLM*, Korean Air, LAN*, and Qantas.

* Bonus Miles apply toward Tier Status only with Elite Qualifying Partners.

baliktad May 26, 2010 12:27 am

Originally Posted by golfingboy (Post 14022731)
My sister recently flew to Dominican Republic on AA and the outbound flight was in "O", but I cannot figure out whether she will earn miles or not... It has always been known that "O" does not earn miles on any International flight, but now part of the site is citing that "O" is only uneligible on flights to South America... It would be nice if they used table formatting like everybody else to make it easier for everybody to understand....

I flew MIA-FPO and back on AA (well, technically a flight operated by Executive as American Eagle sold as an American Airlines flight) in O last month and received 112 EQM's and 500 bonus RDM's (since I'm a Gold). Seems the 500-mile minimum is not yet in effect, but you should expect base mileage credit for the flight even though it is in O.

longdrelation May 26, 2010 7:23 am

Okay, I went back and looked at March, and yes, they did post more miles. My question now is whether they counted those as RDMs or EQMs. I'm going to have to find a few minutes in my day to recalculate the 30+ flights to see if my EQM count is what theirs is. Dang.

golfingboy May 26, 2010 8:28 pm

My sister's AA flight in "O" class from MIA-POP posted in her account today. So, I guess it is safe to assume that all international flights on AA in class "O" will earn miles except for flights to South America. ^

missydarlin May 27, 2010 11:29 am

Originally Posted by longdrelation (Post 14025256)
Okay, I went back and looked at March, and yes, they did post more miles. My question now is whether they counted those as RDMs or EQMs. I'm going to have to find a few minutes in my day to recalculate the 30+ flights to see if my EQM count is what theirs is. Dang.

if you want to email your MP# to flyertalk at alaskaair dot com, I can have it figured out for you :)