Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

DL Sky Clubs member in AS Boardroom when flying neither?

Old May 25, 10, 9:15 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton, Marriott/SPG Platinum, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus

Hello! I have a DL Sky Clubs membership, which gets me into the AS Boardroom in Seattle due to reciprocal agreement. However, I've never attempted access when *not* flying on AS metal, and tomorrow I have a flight out on AA. Does anyone know whether I will have the ability to bring a guest (also flying AA) into the BR using my Sky Clubs membership?
Old May 25, 10, 10:01 am

Programs: AS MVPG, UA 1P, UA RCC, Hertz Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver, SPG Gold
The "by the book answer" would be no. In fact, you technically wouldn't be allowed to use the AS BR if not flying DL or AS. Unfortunately the reciprocal agreements between the two stipulate that you must be flying either DL or AS.

I would like to think that after the upgrade capabilities return between the two that they could cozy up closer with the lounge agreements and allow us to use either lounge regardless of who we're flying, but I think DL is too afraid of losing SC members to the lesser priced BR.
Old May 25, 10, 10:51 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by longdrelation View Post
The "by the book answer" would be no. In fact, you technically wouldn't be allowed to use the AS BR if not flying DL or AS. Unfortunately the reciprocal agreements between the two stipulate that you must be flying either DL or AS.
Exactly correct. One of the other Boardrooms may have looked the other way but with the crowding Seattle has I would not expect entry in your situation.
Old May 25, 10, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

I would like to think that after the upgrade capabilities return between the two that they could cozy up closer with the lounge agreements and allow us to use either lounge regardless of who we're flying, but I think DL is too afraid of losing SC members to the lesser priced BR.
As much as I hope DL drops the restriction of flying their own metal to bring in guests into the SC (AS only has 6 BR's...) I really don't see DL & AS dropping restrictions on flying at least some AS/DL branded metal when using the other's club...
Old May 25, 10, 5:46 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton, Marriott/SPG Platinum, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
As much as I hope DL drops the restriction of flying their own metal to bring in guests into the SC (AS only has 6 BR's...) I really don't see DL & AS dropping restrictions on flying at least some AS/DL branded metal when using the other's club...
When I looked at DL's website, they no longer list specific restrictions for Sky Club members accessing AS Boardrooms like they used to (when I was an NW WC member, the NW site specifically mentioned that access to AS lounges required an AS boarding pass). The way I read it, I have access to the Boardroom at any time myself, but DL's site is quite vague about guest privileges when using partner lounges (which it would seem, and history would support, is unlikely at the Boardroom).

Can anyone point to a definitive source that would confirm that Sky Club members would be denied access to the Boardroom without a DL or AS BP in hand?
Old May 25, 10, 7:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA 1P, UA RCC, Hertz Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Microwave View Post
Can anyone point to a definitive source that would confirm that Sky Club members would be denied access to the Boardroom without a DL or AS BP in hand?
Delta SkyClub Locations
You have to scroll alllll the way down to the bottom and you'll find all of the reciprocal/guest restrictions. For example:
Board rooms also accessible to Delta Sky Club members traveling on a Delta or Alaska operated flight.
Old May 25, 10, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Delta SkyClub Locations
You have to scroll alllll the way down to the bottom and you'll find all of the reciprocal/guest restrictions. For example:

I knew it was there somewhere

But I do hope this gets modified...
Old May 26, 10, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
When I stopped into the SEA BR last week and showed them my Skyclub card they immediately asked for my AS boarding pass so I don't think the procedure has changed.

Search this Thread