Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Boardroom: Game changer! (The Pancake Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Boardroom: Game changer! (The Pancake Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2010, 8:06 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
One of the BR attendants suggested that the metal panel on the side should be replaced with plexiglass, so you can see how it works. ^

(I have pictures I should dredge up...)
Great ideas on both counts.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 8:52 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

In addition to the pancakes, the LAX BR also has this:

What is it???

It is great to have options like this in the morning and the salad in the afternoon/evening
Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by golfingboy
In addition to the pancakes, the LAX BR also has this:

What is it???

It is great to have options like this in the morning and the salad in the afternoon/evening
Looks like an Ambrosia Salad to me, although far more liquid-y than it should be. Normally the salad is composed of fresh fruits, marshmallows, and a whipped cream topping. My guess is that this one was made with canned fruit and rather than draining the can, all of the syrup was used.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by baliktad
Looks like an Ambrosia Salad to me, although far more liquid-y than it should be. Normally the salad is composed of fresh fruits, marshmallows, and a whipped cream topping. My guess is that this one was made with canned fruit and rather than draining the can, all of the syrup was used.
Gotcha... It is nice that the LAX BR really goes out of their way to provide more snack options, especially the salad because the soup is not always available....
Old Nov 12, 2011, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The poor SEA pancake machine was distressed last Sunday.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old Nov 12, 2011, 12:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver,United Miles plus Hawaiian Air AirTran SWA
Holiday Inn Express Medford OR (central point) has one too
Old Nov 14, 2011, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Gotcha... It is nice that the LAX BR really goes out of their way to provide more snack options, especially the salad because the soup is not always available....
Funny, I would totally agree with that. Have had decent luck with soup or salad in there pretty consistently when heading out from LAX on weekdays or weekends.

Last time I was in there, Kirk Acevedo and Eric Close were there as well, which was kind of cool.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Originally Posted by Tony10s
Holiday Inn Express Medford OR (central point) has one too
Also new in HIX Santa Cruz - you don't suppose they are stealing a page from Red Lion? But I digress...
Old May 24, 2012, 11:57 am

Is the pancake machine normally fired up at opening?

Also, does anyone know if the PDX boardroom serves alcohol before 0700? They didn't used to, but I seem to remember having mimosas before an early flight last year.

Thanks!
Old Jun 2, 2012, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by johnp012001
Is the pancake machine normally fired up at opening?

Also, does anyone know if the PDX boardroom serves alcohol before 0700? They didn't used to, but I seem to remember having mimosas before an early flight last year.

Thanks!
If anyone is interested, pancakes and booze start flowing at opening! OLCC makes exception to the 0700 rule for airport clubs!
Old Jan 9, 2013, 1:14 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Is the pancake machine still active at SEA?
Old Jan 9, 2013, 1:47 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, WR, AA Gold, Friend of Dorothy
Originally Posted by dimsumfan
Yep... just in the mornings.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 6:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by JimmyJoe
Originally Posted by dimsumfan
Yep... just in the mornings.
And as tempted as I am... I did not just turn it on (posted from SEA BR)

I assume they pulled the bag with batter out already...
Old Jan 10, 2013, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Just unearthed this, a different take on the pancake machine with text that some might consider mildly NSFW.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 11:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
...a new pancake machine has emerged! ^

Originally Posted by Kieron
It's open now. Seemed like a good time to use my last 75K guess pass! I'll probably be gone before the other posters show up, sadly.

Though it's not operational at the moment, please rest assured that this vitally important feature is there:

Bar area to the right as you enter, pancake/soup/cheese/coffee station and more seating to the left. The other drinks and the coffee machine are around the far side of the bar area.

missamo80: soup status low - fly fast!
Glad to see AS adding them still

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.