Status Match Complete - now the questions

Old May 11, 10, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott Platinum,Avis First
Status Match Complete - now the questions

Alaska just completed my status match to Gold from Delta Plat. (wow that was quick I submitted yesterday and my status was updated today). My profile online shows XXXX XXXX, MVP Gold.

When I called in to have my future AS reservations changed to my AS Number from my Delta number they are still showing my AS number as a base membership. which leaves me with the following questions

How long does membership status take for that to update in the reservation system?

Will I have to call in to have my reservations refreshed? (This is one of those DL things - if your status changes after booking you have to call in. Not sure if AS is the same way).

Looking forward to moving 40k of my flying a year over to AS. I really enjoy the AS First Class service and don't really want to be a DL Diamond Versus a Platinum every year.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 11, 10, 1:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HHonors Gold, Marriott Platinum (Lifetime Gold), Hertz #1 Pres Cir
Typically, status updates are performed over the weekend (Saturday night?). You should see your reservations updated by Monday at the latest.

I've read mixed results here on whether you need to actually call to have your reservations updated. Personally, mine updated automatically when my status changed to Gold a couple years ago.

Oh, and welcome to Gold status!

Dave
Old May 11, 10, 1:47 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AC E, HH Diamond
You may want to call in as soon as possible anyway to make sure you get put on the upgrade list...that is unless you are on the same flights that I am on then you can wait .
Old May 11, 10, 1:50 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
I'd wait a week.

you should be able to remove the number then add it back in online as well.

Originally Posted by planecrazy63 View Post
Alaska just completed my status match to Gold from Delta Plat. (wow that was quick I submitted yesterday and my status was updated today). My profile online shows XXXX XXXX, MVP Gold.

When I called in to have my future AS reservations changed to my AS Number from my Delta number they are still showing my AS number as a base membership. which leaves me with the following questions

How long does membership status take for that to update in the reservation system?

Will I have to call in to have my reservations refreshed? (This is one of those DL things - if your status changes after booking you have to call in. Not sure if AS is the same way).

Looking forward to moving 40k of my flying a year over to AS. I really enjoy the AS First Class service and don't really want to be a DL Diamond Versus a Platinum every year.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 11, 10, 4:47 pm

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by missydarlin View Post
I'd wait a week.

you should be able to remove the number then add it back in online as well.
+1 On this board, missy is the final authority!
Old May 11, 10, 6:23 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by formeraa View Post
+1 On this board, missy is the final authority!

I wish more people in the office would subscribe to that notion and my kids too!

Last edited by missydarlin; May 11, 10 at 6:32 pm
Old May 11, 10, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Missy - just in reading the AS board I knew what an assest to the Flyertalk community you are! I'm looking forward to following the AS board even more.
Old May 14, 10, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat & 1MM, Marriott LT Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Explorist & IHG Plat Amb
How long is your status valid (Feb 2011?) and did you have to submit statements?
Old May 15, 10, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Boraxo View Post
How long is your status valid (Feb 2011?) and did you have to submit statements?
Valid until Feb 2011 and I just needed to Submit my current Delta web statement that shows my up to date flying this year. This may have been helped by the fact that they can see Delta status though.

Search this Thread