FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Status Match Complete - now the questions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1084082-status-match-complete-now-questions.html)

planecrazy63 May 11, 2010 12:14 pm

Status Match Complete - now the questions

Alaska just completed my status match to Gold from Delta Plat. (wow that was quick I submitted yesterday and my status was updated today). My profile online shows XXXX XXXX, MVP Gold.

When I called in to have my future AS reservations changed to my AS Number from my Delta number they are still showing my AS number as a base membership. which leaves me with the following questions

How long does membership status take for that to update in the reservation system?

Will I have to call in to have my reservations refreshed? (This is one of those DL things - if your status changes after booking you have to call in. Not sure if AS is the same way).

Looking forward to moving 40k of my flying a year over to AS. I really enjoy the AS First Class service and don't really want to be a DL Diamond Versus a Platinum every year.

Thanks in advance.

davew-krdm May 11, 2010 12:19 pm

Typically, status updates are performed over the weekend (Saturday night?). You should see your reservations updated by Monday at the latest.

I've read mixed results here on whether you need to actually call to have your reservations updated. Personally, mine updated automatically when my status changed to Gold a couple years ago.

Oh, and welcome to Gold status!

Dave

bobsyouruncle May 11, 2010 12:47 pm

You may want to call in as soon as possible anyway to make sure you get put on the upgrade list...that is unless you are on the same flights that I am on then you can wait ;).

missydarlin May 11, 2010 12:50 pm

I'd wait a week.

you should be able to remove the number then add it back in online as well.

Originally Posted by planecrazy63 (Post 13938934)
Alaska just completed my status match to Gold from Delta Plat. (wow that was quick I submitted yesterday and my status was updated today). My profile online shows XXXX XXXX, MVP Gold.

When I called in to have my future AS reservations changed to my AS Number from my Delta number they are still showing my AS number as a base membership. which leaves me with the following questions

How long does membership status take for that to update in the reservation system?

Will I have to call in to have my reservations refreshed? (This is one of those DL things - if your status changes after booking you have to call in. Not sure if AS is the same way).

Looking forward to moving 40k of my flying a year over to AS. I really enjoy the AS First Class service and don't really want to be a DL Diamond Versus a Platinum every year.

Thanks in advance.

formeraa May 11, 2010 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by missydarlin (Post 13939146)
I'd wait a week.

you should be able to remove the number then add it back in online as well.

+1 On this board, missy is the final authority!;)

missydarlin May 11, 2010 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by formeraa (Post 13940228)
+1 On this board, missy is the final authority!;)

I wish more people in the office would subscribe to that notion ;) and my kids too!

planecrazy63 May 11, 2010 10:23 pm

Missy - just in reading the AS board I knew what an assest to the Flyertalk community you are! I'm looking forward to following the AS board even more.

Boraxo May 14, 2010 4:44 pm

How long is your status valid (Feb 2011?) and did you have to submit statements?

planecrazy63 May 15, 2010 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo (Post 13959718)
How long is your status valid (Feb 2011?) and did you have to submit statements?

Valid until Feb 2011 and I just needed to Submit my current Delta web statement that shows my up to date flying this year. This may have been helped by the fact that they can see Delta status though.