Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New CSA & FA Uniforms Coming Soon

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2010, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation New CSA & FA Uniforms Coming Soon

A FA friend of mine let me in on that AS is introducing new uniforms for FAs and CSAs. They have been designed by the same company that did US Airways uniforms and Chase which also has Men's Warehouse as the parent company? I know that Men's Warehouse is doing the tailoring and fittings of the new pieces. The expected debut is January 2011, however most employees will have their new uniforms before then.

The highlights: more brown in the uniform. Female FAs look like the brown in the bulkhead with a brown blouse (haha). There is also a new striped shirt. FAs/CSAs can now wear some new colored shirts (striped and light blue in addition to white). Yadda yadda yadda - new sweaters, blouses, shirts, and ties. There is a lot more color in the new uniforms.

CSA agents also have an option of wearing most of the FA items. CSA agents will look a bit more professional, and the uniforms are very close to each other, except I think CSAs don't have to wear the blazer/blouse.

And when I say there is a lot more color, I mean the uniforms match the bulkhead. So for all you missing triangle lovers...

Old May 7, 2010, 12:09 am

Programs: AS-would be MVPG75K, UA Premier, SPG*P,
I'm suprised it took so long for this topic to show up on here!

There are FAs out there wearing the new uniforms right now to give the pieces a test run, so keep an eye out for them.. they look sharp
Old May 7, 2010, 12:16 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by ASeattleViajero
I'm suprised it took so long for this topic to show up on here!

There are FAs out there wearing the new uniforms right now to give the pieces a test run, so keep an eye out for them.. they look sharp
Will keep an eye out!

Welcome to FT ASeattleViajero!
Old May 7, 2010, 12:19 am

Programs: AS-would be MVPG75K, UA Premier, SPG*P,
Originally Posted by golfingboy
Will keep an eye out!

Welcome to FT ASeattleViajero!
why thank you... i've actually been around for years but finally decided to join the conversation!
Old May 7, 2010, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Well then I hope nobody is offended with a few pictures since they are out and being tested throughout the system!

CSAs

FAs

Male FA (duh)

New dress
Old May 7, 2010, 4:30 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Platinum, AVIS First, National Emerald Club
Nice - may be tough to keep clean (a lot could be hidden in navy polyester) - but nice!
Old May 8, 2010, 8:54 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HH/SPG Peonium, Natl, Bud, Oregon Wines on Broadway Wineaux
The new uniforms look nice to me, but ultimately, I'm happy if the CSAs and FAs are happy with them. I don't have to work in a uniform all day--but they do
Old May 8, 2010, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Not a fan of mustard-y brown (I prefer less yellow, more red/blue), but if others like it...

I tend to like the VX color scheme of red/white/black. Go figure.
Old May 8, 2010, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
The brown looks a bit '70s to me, but they all do look nice!
Old May 9, 2010, 6:02 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
I think REI or Eddie Bauer would have been a more appropriate designer
Old May 10, 2010, 8:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 98103
I think REI or Eddie Bauer would have been a more appropriate designer
The problem is that those companies don't do uniforms and lack the ability to cost effectively design pieces that can be tailed and meet FAA standards.
Old May 17, 2010, 6:10 pm

Personally I think the uniforms are pretty nice. Of course not everyone will be happy but there are plenty of options for all to choose from. I really like the new dark blue pieces as they have a much more comfortable cut and more breathable fabric. I've tried on the uniform to get my sizes for everything and all items seemed to fit me much better than any uniform pieces I have now. For me at least I'm pleased and think it's an upgrade both in product as well as service (delivery and tailoring options, etc).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.