Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MVPG Change Ticket Fee Waiver

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2010, 9:37 am
Original Poster

MVPG Change Ticket Fee Waiver

I'm not currently an MVPG but will be in a few months. If I cancel a flight today, and then use the credit a after I have qualified for MVPG, do I avoid the $75 change fee?

In other words, to get the change fee waived do you need to be MVPG at the time of (a) original ticket purchase, (b) original ticket cancellation, (c) new ticket purchase, or (d) new ticket flight date?

Thanks for the help,
Eric
Old Apr 29, 2010, 11:56 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by EricFly
I'm not currently an MVPG but will be in a few months. If I cancel a flight today, and then use the credit a after I have qualified for MVPG, do I avoid the $75 change fee?

In other words, to get the change fee waived do you need to be MVPG at the time of (a) original ticket purchase, (b) original ticket cancellation, (c) new ticket purchase, or (d) new ticket flight date?

Thanks for the help,
Eric
b) Its going to charge you the fee to deposit those funds into your my account

or

c) You can choose to leave the ticket value as is... just remember the ticket number ... and then once you're gold, go back and reissue it into a new ticket
Old Apr 29, 2010, 2:28 pm

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
missy, i noticed that whenever a codeshare is involved in the itinerary, they want me to call in (AA or DL sold on alaskaair.com with AS ticket stock) when i try to "change reservation".

Are these tickets also exempt from change fees for MVPG? Any idea if/when changes could be made online someday..or is there a reason why this wont be possible?
Old Apr 29, 2010, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by missydarlin
c) You can choose to leave the ticket value as is... just remember the ticket number ... and then once you're gold, go back and reissue it into a new ticket
C is the best option. When I did this last year as MVP, i actually had to call to cancel. Definatley keep the ticket number becasue by the time I rebooked the cofirmation number was no longer in the system. I did have to call in to rebook as well because the website tried to charge me fare difference + $75. the rep did not charge the fee.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 11:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by CDKing
C is the best option. When I did this last year as MVP, i actually had to call to cancel. Definatley keep the ticket number becasue by the time I rebooked the cofirmation number was no longer in the system. I did have to call in to rebook as well because the website tried to charge me fare difference + $75. the rep did not charge the fee.
Has this changed due to ewallet?
Old Apr 30, 2010, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
When i hit the cancel button i get the following three options

• Deposit the value of the ticket(s) as credit into My Wallet.
  • Email the ticket value(s) as credit.
  • Email the canceled ticket number(s) and use later to retrieve the value.

The first two options above require up front payment of the $75 fee. The third option requires fee at a later date when you reuse. Once Gold that fee wont be charged. Maybe they fixed the issue that caused me to call

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.