Wiki Posts
Search

4 bags instate Alaska now?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2022, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
4 bags instate Alaska now?

Last week, while checking in for Juneau to Anchorage, I had to check a bag and noticed it now gives us *4* free bags instate.

Surprised this wasn't announced, or did they and I just somehow wasn't part of the e-mail distribution?
Old Sep 17, 2022, 9:06 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Did the agent tell you this was a new policy or you just assuming since you didn't get charged? In my experience the agents are VERY forgiving with baggage fees for us 100K-ers. I dragged a boxed barstool (over-size baggage that should be $100) on three different flights and didn't get charged on any. Why three flights one might ask? Custom made to match the set we moved from Oregon to Hawaii.... only to arrive in Hawaii and realize it was made wrong.... so back to Oregon, then back to Hawaii with the right one. Wife still thinks I'm a moron for not noticing it was different... from the ones I hadn't seen in 3 months
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 10:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
Last week, while checking in for Juneau to Anchorage, I had to check a bag and noticed it now gives us *4* free bags instate.

Surprised this wasn't announced, or did they and I just somehow wasn't part of the e-mail distribution?
MVPG75K & MVPG100K (OWE) are now allowed to check 4 bags for free when flying wholly within Alaska. Essentially, OWE is granting an extra bag free above the usual 3 bags permitted.

Fee Waivers / Exceptions

1Alaska Gold 75K and MVP Gold 100k Mileage Plan Members and oneworld Emeralds may check up to 4 bags for free for itineraries wholly within the State of Alaska. Restrictions may apply.

James
pcoll likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 7:57 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
MVPG75K & MVPG100K (OWE) are now allowed to check 4 bags for free when flying wholly within Alaska. Essentially, OWE is granting an extra bag free above the usual 3 bags permitted
That is, in fact, the stated oneworld Emerald checked bag benefit

On itineraries using the “piece system” - one additional bag for free in addition to your ticketed baggage allowance.
be_rettSEA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.