The self-proclaimed first MVPG75K

Old Apr 15, 10, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
The self-proclaimed first MVPG75K

Upon alighting from AS 66 this evening and catching a hotel shuttle, we traveled with an insurance adjuster from Medford who claimed to be AS's first MVPG75K. He had already racked up 72,000 miles and 102 segments. Travels full time. I asked him if he was an FT'er, and he said, "No - should I be?"
Old Apr 15, 10, 2:49 am

Programs: MVP Gold, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
LOL, 102 segments? Thats almost 2 flights a day during the work week. Where is he based out of?
Old Apr 15, 10, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by maokh View Post
Where is he based out of?
Medford, OR
Old Apr 15, 10, 8:04 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K
Oy - and I thought I had a miserable schedule! Congrats to him...about the only silver lining when you fly that much.
Old Apr 15, 10, 5:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, recovering former United 1k
Coincidence

Weird coincidence, the concierge in the PDX boardroom was talking to me about him on Sunday. Evidently he is an expert on fire insurance claims and given the state of the economy his business is booming.
Old Apr 15, 10, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by worldminer View Post
Weird coincidence, the concierge in the PDX boardroom was talking to me about him on Sunday. Evidently he is an expert on fire insurance claims and given the state of the economy his business is booming.
Those were his exact words!
Old Apr 17, 10, 6:18 pm

Programs: MVP Gold, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
...you know, i think i figured out what the deal is with all these business fires in Fairbanks AK lately. Seems like the sensible thing to do I guess.
Old Apr 17, 10, 8:40 pm

Programs: AS 75K, AS 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold Plus
Yep, his business is really cooking!
Old Apr 18, 10, 1:24 am

Programs: AS MVP, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz #1 Pres Cir
Originally Posted by dave1013 View Post
Upon alighting from AS 66 this evening and catching a hotel shuttle, we traveled with an insurance adjuster from Medford who claimed to be AS's first MVPG75K. He had already racked up 72,000 miles and 102 segments. Travels full time. I asked him if he was an FT'er, and he said, "No - should I be?"
Hey Dave,

Are you sure he was from MFR and not RDM? I have a flying buddy here who is an insurance adjuster who does things like RDM-PDX-SEA-ANC-SEA-RDM in one day, to work on a claim in Alaska for a couple hours and then come home. He'd rather be home for the night and loves to fly.

He's also not on FT. Sounds mightily similar, though it could definitely be another person with a similar schedule.

Fun stuff!

Dave
Old Apr 18, 10, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davew-krdm View Post
Hey Dave,

Are you sure he was from MFR and not RDM? I have a flying buddy here who is an insurance adjuster who does things like RDM-PDX-SEA-ANC-SEA-RDM in one day, to work on a claim in Alaska for a couple hours and then come home. He'd rather be home for the night and loves to fly.

He's also not on FT. Sounds mightily similar, though it could definitely be another person with a similar schedule.

Fun stuff!

Dave
Could have sworn he said Medford.....he also said he really hadn't seen his family since the first of the year. He didn't mention anything about wanting to be home for the night. He somewhat exulted in his new status - as well he should have, I suppose! That goes along with loving to fly, which he had done a lot of that day as his flight got diverted to Denver.....
Old Apr 18, 10, 10:44 am

Programs: AS MVP, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz #1 Pres Cir
Originally Posted by dave1013 View Post
Could have sworn he said Medford.....he also said he really hadn't seen his family since the first of the year. He didn't mention anything about wanting to be home for the night. He somewhat exulted in his new status - as well he should have, I suppose! That goes along with loving to fly, which he had done a lot of that day as his flight got diverted to Denver.....
Wow. I'll have to ask my bud if he's made it yet and then let y'all know.

I guess we all now know what line of work to get into if we want to fly even more than we do already!

Dave

Search this Thread