Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL Cancel PDX-HNL - opportunity?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2010, 9:34 am

Programs: 189 miles short of AS MVP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FOH
All HA routes aside from inter-island are operated using 767-300s. I agree that it's likely that DL thought that other uses of the aircraft would yield better financial results.
It would be interesting to see what HA yields are out of the West Coast cities flying a 767. That's a lot of seats to fill.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA *G, Delta Silver, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
PDX-HNL on AS is going to be awesome!

Hawaiian Airlines is the carnival cruise lines of the sky. I've done the PDX-HNL and PDX-OGG on HA several times. Ironically, the PDX-OGG, at least when I've flown it, has had the weakest loads.

PDX-HNL is a good route. Always full. (Again, this is all based on my experience). I've flown the NWA/DL route too. Always full. That red-eye was awful, but packed to the brim.

Seems like thoughtful timed exit. Especially with that 8pm arrival time, gives people plenty of opportunity to make DL red-eye connections... and frees up some DL metal for other routes.

I've always wondered why AS opened with the PDX-OGG first... always thought it should be PDX-HNL. This is all good news.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:36 pm

Programs: AS, HA, JL, UA
DL has just re added PDX-HNL. Starts December 19, 2015.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by jjka
Ha. They can try
Old Feb 22, 2015, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by jjka
And ends on Jan 10. Seasonal add.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 1:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
And ends on Jan 10. Seasonal add.
Ok that's just funny.

Its like JFK-HNL last year.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by beckoa
Ok that's just funny.

Its like JFK-HNL last year.
Or like when US Air added PHL-ANC for 5 or 6 RT's
Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:43 am

I love these threads that come back from the dead. For friggin' sake...it was from nearly five years ago and resurrected!?
Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by HiFlyerAS
I love these threads that come back from the dead. For friggin' sake...it was from nearly five years ago and resurrected!?
They searched and found an on-point prior thread.

For me, it adds context to the new post. And I appreciate the effort in searching.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.