Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Boardroom - can Crown room member bring in guests ?

Old Mar 18, 10, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Spire/Amb, SPG Gld, HH Gld

The DL website has no info ("varies by partner")

I'll be at SEA with a friend who is a CR member, and we'd like to avoid detouring to the S terminal, if he can guest me into the BR.

Anybody know ?
Old Mar 18, 10, 12:46 pm

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
Should not be a problem.

I bring my wife in all the time without any questions. BTW: It is now called "SKYClub" at the new DL.
Old Mar 18, 10, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I know the AS BR member is supposed to hold a DL ticket for guesting privileges (AS member on AS flight @ DL club = passenger only), so it might well be the same for a DL club member needing an an actual AS ticket?
Old Mar 18, 10, 1:36 pm

I would hope that Sky Club members have exactly the same access privilege to the Board Room as Boardroom members have to Sky Clubs. That is, a Sky Club member flying Alaska, then guests are allowed, if flying Delta, no guests.

Most Boardroom members feel that the arrangement with Delta is a step back from the previous one with Northwest.
Old Mar 18, 10, 2:55 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA 1P, UA RCC, Hertz Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver, SPG Gold
Yes, as mentioned they can bring a guest. The ladies at the desk check boarding passes, however, so have those handy.
An elderly couple the other week in front of me got uppity, when asked for them, about having to show them. It's only fair - I get asked to show mine when I go to DL clubs.
Old Mar 18, 10, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by greybeardy View Post
I would hope that Sky Club members have exactly the same access privilege to the Board Room as Boardroom members have to Sky Clubs. That is, a Sky Club member flying Alaska, then guests are allowed, if flying Delta, no guests.

Most Boardroom members feel that the arrangement with Delta is a step back from the previous one with Northwest.
Yeah... not having guesting privileges when flying AS... to a non-BR destination is not cool. That's another reason the CO PC's were North of Delta ... one could bring guests in. Compare that to the current arrangement with the SC.
Old Mar 19, 10, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Let me add some info, as it seems that may change things.
1 - I will be arriving on AS, and flying out again (on AS) later that day
2 - He will be arriving on DL. He is a Skyclub member.
3 - We need a place to dial into a conf call soon after we each land, before heading to the local office.
Old Mar 20, 10, 11:56 am

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by dgwright99 View Post
3 - We need a place to dial into a conf call soon after we each land, before heading to the local office.
If AS goes by the same policy as DL, he would need to be flying on AS in order to bring guests. You might want to call the BR and ask, otherwise plan to meet him at the SC.
Old Mar 20, 10, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by hgdf View Post
If AS goes by the same policy as DL, he would need to be flying on AS in order to bring guests. You might want to call the BR and ask, otherwise plan to meet him at the SC.
Or each buy a day pass to the BR and chock it up as a business expense.
Old Mar 20, 10, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Or each buy a day pass to the BR and chock it up as a business expense.
Would the actual Skyclub member be okay with an inbound DL bp for himself?
Old Mar 20, 10, 6:18 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger View Post
Would the actual Skyclub member be okay with an inbound DL bp for himself?
Sure. After all, the Board Room is a partner lounge for SC members. Assuming the benefits are the exact reciprocal for each lounge, the SC member should be allowed to bring up to two guests when flying on AS, but not DL.

For me, the lounge reciprocity works fine because I usually access the SCs when I'm flying DL, so bringing guests is never a problem. The only partner lounge that I typically frequent with a guest when flying AS is the CO club in LAS, which oddly enough still allows guest privileges when flying AS.
Old Mar 20, 10, 11:27 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Sure. After all, the Board Room is a partner lounge for SC members. Assuming the benefits are the exact reciprocal for each lounge, the SC member should be allowed to bring up to two guests when flying on AS, but not DL.

For me, the lounge reciprocity works fine because I usually access the SCs when I'm flying DL, so bringing guests is never a problem. The only partner lounge that I typically frequent with a guest when flying AS is the CO club in LAS, which oddly enough still allows guest privileges when flying AS.
CO & AS each had a comprehensive agreement in the past with both full reciprocity including 2 guests/immediate family. They still do at select lounges. I know the ANC BR will allow CO BF customers access on top of those with a CO PC membership.
Old Mar 29, 10, 2:38 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger View Post
I know the AS BR member is supposed to hold a DL ticket for guesting privileges (AS member on AS flight @ DL club = passenger only), so it might well be the same for a DL club member needing an an actual AS ticket?

Checked with the board room on this last week. If the SC member is flying on DL then the member only is granted access to the AS BR. If the SC member is flying AS, then the member and 2 guests are granted access to the AS BR. They do check boarding passes, cards and id's (even my card id as a frequent visitor )

Originally Posted by dgwright99 View Post
In this case it sounds like he will be granted access for being the SC member and flying DL. If you would like to access the BR, then you'd need to purchase a day pass. There are some very quiet rooms (2-3) that actually shut and allow you to preform outgoing calls in SEA's BR (basically a private office) if open, and one strategy is he could guest you into the DL SC while he travels to the AS BR to take care of biz, returning. (But just an idea)
Old Mar 30, 10, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the ideas; in the end, my firnd missed his connection, and my flight was early, so I had time to get to the office and do the call from there.

Search this Thread