MVPG Earning on Partners

Old Mar 18, 10, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat,DL PM,HH Diamond
MVPG Earning on Partners

With AS's closest partners, AA and DL, do MVPGs earn the 100% mileage bonus on those partner flights as well, or only on AS metal?

It was NOT booked as a code-share FWIW (Delta).

I know the website says we earn on partners, but I wasn't sure if it had to be booked as an AS codeshare or if it can be a Delta coded, Delta-ticketed flight with my MVPG number on the PNR.

Last edited by mlsrar; Mar 18, 10 at 10:21 am
Old Mar 18, 10, 10:28 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
The answer you seek is clearly explained (along with a host of other MVP/G benefits) on alaskaair.com.
Old Mar 18, 10, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Yep, and coming from DL, they had a number of qualifiers regarding code-shares being marketed as such, versus DL-coded flights.

So my question wasn't answered yet...

Does the DL flight have to be coded as an AS codeshare in order to earn the bonus miles?
Old Mar 18, 10, 11:41 am

Programs: AS 75k, SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mlsrar View Post
Yep, and coming from DL, they had a number of qualifiers regarding code-shares being marketed as such, versus DL-coded flights.

So my question wasn't answered yet...

Does the DL flight have to be coded as an AS codeshare in order to earn the bonus miles?
Any Delta or AA flight in the eligible flight number range is eligible to earn EQM and the MVP/G bonus for Mileage Plan members. The flight does not have to carry an AS flight number. Note that DL's flight numbers are not up to date at the moment, and you may have to send in some boarding passes. A good rule of thumb seems to be if it's operated by Delta or a Delta Connection carrier and issued on DL ticket stock, you should get credit.
Old Mar 18, 10, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Excellent. One last question. Do MVPGs get any baggage fees/waivers on AA metal (ORD-SFO) for example?
Old Mar 18, 10, 11:56 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
So many questions can be answered by clicking that little search button.

Here's a recent thread that discusses a very similar issue, but indicates the general answer: AS has no reciprocal baggage agreement with AA, so it doesn't matter your status on AS unless they are your first leg.
Old Mar 18, 10, 11:58 am

Programs: 189 miles short of AS MVP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mlsrar View Post
Excellent. One last question. Do MVPGs get any baggage fees/waivers on AA metal (ORD-SFO) for example?
No but I'm flying that route in a couple hours and the AA ticket agent gave me an exit row seat. :-)
Old Mar 19, 10, 4:31 pm

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Duckouttahere View Post
No but I'm flying that route in a couple hours and the AA ticket agent gave me an exit row seat. :-)
....never lick a gift horse on the mouth. She'll probably still ask for a bag fee.

Search this Thread