I want to go through SFO video

Old Mar 17, 10, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75K, Hertz Presidents Club, Southwest Rapid Rewards A List
I want to go through SFO video

Is it my imagination or is this video depicting an Alaska flight landing at LAX (look at the inbound airplane carefully). The terminal reminds me of Terminal 3 at LAX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbCnR8QSzLc
Old Mar 17, 10, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
We don't call it "T3rdWorld" for nothing.

That being said, SFO's problem is it turns into the Hotel California when a marine layer comes in: you can check in any time you'd like, but you can never leave...
Old Mar 17, 10, 4:09 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward View Post
We don't call it "T3rdWorld" for nothing.

That being said, SFO's problem is it turns into the Hotel California when a marine layer comes in: you can check in any time you'd like, but you can never leave...
I think it's a little unfair to compare LAX T3 with SFO's Intl terminal. There are a few parts of SFO that look pretty shabby as well.

If you think T3 is bad, go hang out at EWR's A terminal some time.

At least T3 has what's arguably the nicest Boardroom in the system, a mere few steps from all the gates.
Old Mar 17, 10, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by hgdf View Post
I think it's a little unfair to compare LAX T3 with SFO's Intl terminal. There are a few parts of SFO that look pretty shabby as well.

If you think T3 is bad, go hang out at EWR's A terminal some time.

At least T3 has what's arguably the nicest Boardroom in the system, a mere few steps from all the gates.
ahem... I'll argue with that
Old Mar 17, 10, 5:22 pm

SFO - I can be in and out of there in minutes (on the ground). However, taking BART is taking your life in your hands!
Old Mar 17, 10, 6:53 pm

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
Actually the "bad" airport is SFO. If you look carefully at the line for security, you can just make out the "gates 20-32" sign which of course are the AS gates.

Search this Thread