Priority Baggage Tag

Old Mar 12, 10, 8:32 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: YVR/BLI
Programs: AS MVP, AS BR thru Nov 2010
Posts: 47
Priority Baggage Tag

Checked in at BLI this afternoon on way to LAX and noticed that the agent put a priority baggage tag on my checked bag. I assume this is new as I've never had one put on my bag before
sduk27 is offline  
Old Mar 12, 10, 8:49 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SEA/YYZ
Posts: 1,561
Seriously?!? That is awesome!
United757 is offline  
Old Mar 12, 10, 9:49 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Virginia
Programs: AS MVPG, UA 1P, UA RCC, Hertz Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver, SPG Gold
Posts: 244
Did you have to connect? My fiancee had that when she was connecting. I thought it was just for ease of grabbing the bags that need off quick so they can make the next flight.
longdrelation is offline  
Old Mar 12, 10, 10:34 pm
  #4  
ANC
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Posts: 6,544
was there a close connection or something? I had this happen to a checked item sometime during baggage transit on a screwed up itinerary after IROPS and rerouting. When I arrived at MKE there was a priority sticker taped to my box along with a hand written reroute tag. Im assuming it was put on at PDX when my ORD connection was 40 or 45 minutes(forced in by a GA after I demostrated knowledge and experience navigating ORD) which turned out to be 10 minutes after the 30 minute taxi. I made it to the AE flight with a minute or two to spare from L2 to G9. At that point I pretty much knew the baggage wasnt making the transfer, or so I thought . I sure was shocked to see that box show up at MKE on the carousel. So a bag can make it across one of the busiest airports in about 5 minutes but a bag can miss a flight in seattle with 45 minutes to spare
ANC is offline  
Old Mar 13, 10, 1:01 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ANC
Programs: AS MVPG
Posts: 73
Another thought is that the original check-in at BLI was late and the agent wanted to make sure that the bag made it onto the OP's flight.
pipeliner is offline  
Old Mar 13, 10, 1:49 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: YVR/BLI
Programs: AS MVP, AS BR thru Nov 2010
Posts: 47
Just got in and will take a picture of it tomorrow. I checked in about 60mins before departure so I don't think it was because I was cutting it close or anything.

Anywhere, here's the funny stuff. On arrival at LAX I ran down to the baggage hall expecting my bag to be one of the first off. Boy was I wrong! Anywhere at 26mins and 46sec my bag finally dropped on to the belt. When it comes to the BSG I'm pretty anal about it so I walked over to the baggage service office to claim my BSG voucher. Anyway, I've just got home and attempted to claim my 2,500 miles only to discover that the voucher which was given to me was one from last year. And this no longer valid...

Grrrrrrr - One unhappy camper here
sduk27 is offline  
Old Mar 13, 10, 6:11 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: JNU
Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Posts: 2,841
Originally Posted by sduk27 View Post
Just got in and will take a picture of it tomorrow. I checked in about 60mins before departure so I don't think it was because I was cutting it close or anything.

Anywhere, here's the funny stuff. On arrival at LAX I ran down to the baggage hall expecting my bag to be one of the first off. Boy was I wrong! Anywhere at 26mins and 46sec my bag finally dropped on to the belt. When it comes to the BSG I'm pretty anal about it so I walked over to the baggage service office to claim my BSG voucher. Anyway, I've just got home and attempted to claim my 2,500 miles only to discover that the voucher which was given to me was one from last year. And this no longer valid...

Grrrrrrr - One unhappy camper here
I wouldn't be happy either. Suggest you write Customer Care with the details. They just might make good on the guarantee, and then some.
dave1013 is offline  
Old Aug 19, 13, 9:27 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York
Programs: CX Gold, Marriott Platinum, HH DM, National EE
Posts: 223
Does Alaska Airlines provide priority baggage for first class passengers?
mcdullhk88 is offline  
Old Aug 19, 13, 9:40 pm
  #9  
ANC
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Posts: 6,544
Originally Posted by mcdullhk88 View Post
Does Alaska Airlines provide priority baggage for first class passengers?
no
ANC is offline  
Old Aug 20, 13, 11:44 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: All Around Nobody
Posts: 856
Originally Posted by pipeliner View Post
Another thought is that the original check-in at BLI was late and the agent wanted to make sure that the bag made it onto the OP's flight.
I've checked in BLI with bags just before the cutoff time and have never received a priority tag.
Aaron01 is offline  
Old Jul 31, 15, 12:24 am
  #11  
Used to be FlyingMedallionDL
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Manhattan, Upper East Side, New York, NY & Los Angeles, CA
Programs: DL PM, Delta Reserve
Posts: 508
Does anyone know if Alaska bag tags print "Priority" on self tags or at the airport so the agents can add a priority tag? The website says priority baggage handling is offered for higher tier elites. Thanks
flyingdoc747 is offline  
Old Jul 31, 15, 12:38 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: PDX
Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, National Executive Elite
Posts: 2,627
Originally Posted by flyingdoc747 View Post
Does anyone know if Alaska bag tags print "Priority" on self tags or at the airport so the agents can add a priority tag? The website says priority baggage handling is offered for higher tier elites. Thanks
No.
Chugach is offline  
Old Jul 31, 15, 3:27 am
  #13  
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ANC, MRI
Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Posts: 41,321
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by Chugach
Originally Posted by flyingdoc747 View Post
Does anyone know if Alaska bag tags print "Priority" on self tags or at the airport so the agents can add a priority tag? The website says priority baggage handling is offered for higher tier elites. Thanks
No.
Correct, no such thing with AS.
beckoa is offline  
Old Jul 31, 15, 5:34 pm
  #14  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: West Coast, Best Coast
Programs: Flying whoever is most convenient
Posts: 15,399
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
Correct, no such thing with AS.
and i can't for the life of me figure out why, since basically all other airlines do it. i was lamenting this at SJC the other night, the first bag hit the carousel at 19 minutes after block in time, and my bags finally popped out about 8 minutes later. paid F fare, MVPG. don't they know who i am?
PV_Premier is offline  
Old Jul 31, 15, 7:57 pm
  #15  
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ANC, MRI
Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Posts: 41,321
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
Correct, no such thing with AS.
and i can't for the life of me figure out why, since basically all other airlines do it. i was lamenting this at SJC the other night, the first bag hit the carousel at 19 minutes after block in time, and my bags finally popped out about 8 minutes later. paid F fare, MVPG. don't they know who i am?
You got your BSG right?
beckoa is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread