Flights to Kona

Old Mar 10, 10, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Flights to Kona

Any rumors of flights on Alaska Airline from PDX to KOA?
Old Mar 10, 10, 6:10 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold, CO Plat, United Premier, US Airways Silver, HHonors Diamond, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Nothing yet I fly Horizon 3x a week from bur....
Old Mar 11, 10, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
My guess... AS would go 2x day SEA-KOA before PDX-KOA... but anything is possible...
Old Mar 11, 10, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
i did hear there are supposed to be some new routes from PDX in 2010 but i dont know where to.
Old Mar 11, 10, 8:08 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by CDKing View Post
i did hear there are supposed to be some new routes from PDX in 2010 but i dont know where to.
I have a friend, who has a friend who has a friend who has a friend who works for Menzies and they told me that Alaska was going to start flights between PDX and SYD with tech stops in HNL and Suva FIJI using the 737-800.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. It'll be interesting to see if any of these rumors "pan out".
Old Mar 13, 10, 2:43 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K UAL Premier Exec
I have flown SEA-KOA 5 times in the last 6 months and almost every flight has been totally full and I normally avoid weekend travel. Difficult to find U space as well.
Old Mar 13, 10, 11:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by sergad View Post
I have flown SEA-KOA 5 times in the last 6 months and almost every flight has been totally full and I normally avoid weekend travel. Difficult to find U space as well.
Hope that means the flight is doing well... looks like most of the outlying islands (besides HNL) were hovering around 87% of a load... but not sure of revenue...
Old Mar 13, 10, 11:50 pm

Programs: 189 miles short of AS MVP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
When I flew OAK-KOA in late Feb, the flight was pretty full both ways but I don't know about the revenue. I've gone to OGG and KOA from OAK since they've started the routes and am hoping to head back to OGG later this year. As long as they keep this route, I think I'll be taking it at least once a year. I would like to take a trip to Kaui...
Old Mar 17, 10, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines AAdvantage, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by CDKing View Post
Hmmm. I think AS will have to be consider to start new routes PDX-LIH/ITO nonstop or could be added 2x daily PDX-KOA or HNL. Can be done extremely performance very well. It should have to put on redeye flight from KOA-PDX instead of leaving the flight in the morning hours.
Old Mar 17, 10, 12:15 pm

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
All flights I have been on recently have been over 85% full. So, I guess that means AS is going to start service from PDX-KOA soon!
Old Mar 17, 10, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by formeraa View Post
All flights I have been on recently have been over 85% full. So, I guess that means AS is going to start service from PDX-KOA soon!
Naw... that'll be ANC-KOA (Which I would appreciate ) sadly it would be seasonal service 2x a week... like ADK's frequency
Old Mar 17, 10, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do you really think AS will have to be considered to start new routes PHX-KOA/OGG/ITO/HNL/LIH? AS will have to be deployed on 739ER to get more extended range nonstop from PHX-Hawaii flight. It would be so successful due to competition against US & HA has already existing service from PHX-HNL nonstop. I believe TZ is no longer existing service due to bankruptcy with the chapter 11 and unfortunately, TZ is cease operations due to trouble with the financial crisis.

However, could be good idea where AS will have to be consider to expanding more new routes from PHX-OGG/KOA/ITO/HNL/LIH. AS will have to be on ordered newest 739ER aircraft to get more long range to be reachable to Hawaii with ETOPS from FAA certifications. It will be workout very well due to competition against US. It will be head-to-head against US has been already still served to Hawaii on operating 757 aircraft.
Old Mar 17, 10, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Do you really think AS will have to be considered to start new routes PHX-KOA/OGG/ITO/HNL/LIH? AS will have to be deployed on 739ER to get more extended range nonstop from PHX-Hawaii flight. It would be so successful due to competition against US & HA has already existing service from PHX-HNL nonstop. I believe TZ is no longer existing service due to bankruptcy with the chapter 11 and unfortunately, TZ is cease operations due to trouble with the financial crisis.

However, could be good idea where AS will have to be consider to expanding more new routes from PHX-OGG/KOA/ITO/HNL/LIH. AS will have to be on ordered newest 739ER aircraft to get more long range to be reachable to Hawaii with ETOPS from FAA certifications. It will be workout very well due to competition against US. It will be head-to-head against US has been already still served to Hawaii on operating 757 aircraft.

Or how about one-stop service in OAK from PHX (opening up a new route too ) BUt for this it would seem AS needs a larger A/C...
Old Mar 17, 10, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beckoa View Post

Or how about one-stop service in OAK from PHX (opening up a new route too ) BUt for this it would seem AS needs a larger A/C...
Yeah, great idea!! It should have to be consider to start service from PHX-OAK-Hawaii flight. It will have a easier connection opportunities through OAK to get on the next segment out of OAK-OGG/KOA.
Old Mar 18, 10, 2:53 am

Programs: No status anywhere :(
You guys are kidding, right? Between US and WN there are currently 11 PHX-OAK non-stops daily.

Search this Thread