Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Compensation because of Return of Coca Cola

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2010, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas

Generally, I am disappointed by the loss of Jones products and the return of Coke products. But today, yes today, what a test.

I went to a local Indian buffet for lunch - it is on the MP dining program and I figured, I might as well earn a few points this month. A soft drink is included in the price.

The waitress asked me what I would like, and I said "Diet Coke." A couple minutes later, when I returned with my food, a can of Diet Pepsi was on the table, with an ice-filled glass, and a straw. Mind you, the waitress didn't ask "Is Diet Pepsi OK?" No, she just brought a Diet Pepsi.

Immediately I thought that the need to suddenly supply AS with all these Coke products is causing an immediate shortage, even to the point where Mileage Plan Dining partners can't even even supply Coke when ordered. Mind you, it wasn't that I wanted the Coke product so much, it was that it wasn't available.

Had this been just a harmless error by the waitress, well, that would have been forgivable. But a broader conspiracy is taking place.

Compensation?

Old Feb 12, 2010, 2:40 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
I don't know about compensation but I do believe those repsonsible for this dastardly plot should be boiled in high-fructose corn syrup. That'll teach 'em!
Old Feb 12, 2010, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Your compensation is an ounce of Coca-Cola. And some Funnyuns™.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 4:25 pm

Programs: I am an AS employee, but my comments do not represent the company in any official capacity.
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Compensation?
Next time you fly into San Jose, California...I will try extra hard not to route your baggage to San Jose del Cabo.

How's that for compensation?

edited to add: yes, I know you are East Bay but there isn't a good match on the AS network for Oakland...
Old Feb 12, 2010, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eastwest
Next time you fly into San Jose, California...I will try extra hard not to route your baggage to San Jose del Cabo.

How's that for compensation?

edited to add: yes, I know you are East Bay but there isn't a good match on the AS network for Oakland...
He's alive!

Yes, there is a good match. KOA. Just a touch of dyslexia required. But then you have to send me, in row 1 through 4 (aisle, please, and preferably row 2) to retrieve my bag.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 9:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, UA 2P
Compensation?

The Frankenfood Lobby would argue you've already received compensation. Your man boobs, they'd say, will undoubtedly benefit from from repeated oral doses of HFCS, thus saving you the expense of cashing-in for a C award to Brazil for 'enhancements'.

Now who's the lucky boy?!?
Old Feb 13, 2010, 4:37 am

Programs: yes
I went to a local Indian buffet for lunch - it is on the MP dining program and I figured, I might as well earn a few points this month. A soft drink is included in the price.

Khana Peena? (College location)
Old Feb 13, 2010, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bobsgt
Khana Peena? (College location)
Solano location. The food isn't very good. It isn't bad. And how this is getting hijacked from a Compensation from AS thread, I don't know.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 4:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K
Diet Pepsi served instead of Diet Coke with no advance warning? There are a few countries where capital punishment is recommended for that malevolent sin.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ExecTraveler
Diet Pepsi served instead of Diet Coke with no advance warning? There are a few countries where capital punishment is recommended for that malevolent sin.
Is Exec short for Execution in your handle
Old Feb 13, 2010, 4:42 pm

Programs: 189 miles short of AS MVP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Wink

Talk about hijacking a thread.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Duckouttahere
Talk about hijacking a thread.
If I wasn't the OP, my post would have been inexcusable. Now back to more serious topics.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 11:27 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K
Sit in 2F on early morning SEA-->LAX and crack open a can of DP. Only one of us gettin' off that plane.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ExecTraveler
Sit in 2F on early morning SEA-->LAX and crack open a can of DP. Only one of us gettin' off that plane.
deleted

Last edited by Eastbay1K; Feb 14, 2010 at 11:54 am Reason: duh
Old Feb 14, 2010, 3:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
Defintately too much time on your hands. Must be nice to sit back and critique the soda choice on Alaska

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.