Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Goodbye LAX-CUN, Hello Seasonal SEA-CUN

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:04 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Silver, Skymiles, SPG, Hyatt
SEA-CUN Seasonal Flights

So glad that AS is flying to Cancun again. My husband and I just returned from a trip there. The flight was really smooth, ANC-SEA, SEA-CUN. Great connection, great FC service. We love the Yucatan region of Mexico, we stayed in Playa del Carmen, and took a side trip to Chichen Itza. Nice change from the west coast towns.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:54 pm

Is this flight on again for next year? Starting same time (nov 7th 2016?)
Old Dec 28, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
2017-2018 sea-cun

Anyone know if the seasonal SEA-CUN runs November to April annually?

I see it ends in April 2018 but curious if it starts up in November 2018?

i called and got no answer as in noncommittal run around a.k.a “management hasn’t said” not sure, can’t say or even quote this past years months of flying the route. Thanks
Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:03 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by JHIN
Anyone know if the seasonal SEA-CUN runs November to April annually?

I see it ends in April 2018 but curious if it starts up in November 2018?

i called and got no answer as in noncommittal run around a.k.a “management hasn’t said” not sure, can’t say or even quote this past years months of flying the route. Thanks
Yes it does. November 4th is the first date. Much easier to use the search feature on AS than calling.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Funny. Have been searching these flights too. Wish it was year round but understand that the loads probably fall off as weather improves in PNW. My friends asked for help booking their trip but it falls during the Alaska hiatus from CUN. FWIW -yields seem high
Old Dec 29, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Prices are way out of line right now. I usually book then make a claim as the price goes down, but those prices are really unreasonable. Will wait for them to come down. The prices to PVR are a little higher, but not out of line like CUN.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Bummer. I just noticed this. I'm flying LAX-CUN on United in March. Glad I didn't book it on VA.

Maybe we can get CUN added to the San Diego mini-hub.

I travel to Mexico frequently and haven't had any problems. I have noticed the police and military presence has increase a lot in the tourist zones.

Tourism is the golden goose in Mexico.
diver858 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by buzglyd
Maybe we can get CUN added to the San Diego mini-hub...
^^^
Old Jan 3, 2018, 4:24 pm
T2A

Programs: Alaska MVPG
Its crazy how all over the place AS & VX pricing to CUN has been. Last time we flew there it was about the same price to fly in first on American, as coach on Alaska. I felt bad because we had relatives who booked tickets on Alaska. We were also positioned to fly MIA to LAX on the 777 (business class) routing on that itinerary, but Irma hit so we switched to a direct flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.