Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

DCA/EWR Travel Advisory February 4-7, 2010

DCA/EWR Travel Advisory February 4-7, 2010

Old Feb 9, 2010, 7:42 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by beckoa
Looks like golfingboy is stuck in DCA for another night

And no hope for Thursday either as the Wed outbound AS6 is cxld
Howdy from LA!! I was able to hop on today's flight and get my butt back home ^

And if you ask, yes I was in F [there were 5 F seats open on today's flight]
Old Feb 9, 2010, 8:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by golfingboy
Howdy from LA!! I was able to hop on today's flight and get my butt back home ^

And if you ask, yes I was in F [there were 5 F seats open on today's flight]
Nice!

Did you go standby or what?
Old Feb 9, 2010, 8:23 pm

Nice!

Did you go standby or what?
Some seats opened up last night, so someone was able to grab a seat for me. ^ Perfect timing...

DC was a mess this morning! I cannot possibilty imagine they are getting another 15 or so inches... It is going to be chaotic in DC until next week. I hope everything will be fine on the east coast and that things will return to normal as swiftly as possible.

Know whats funny, I saw the AS Boeing special livery plane at DCA today. That plane must be stalking me

Old Feb 9, 2010, 8:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Some seats opened up last night, so someone was able to grab a seat for me. ^ Perfect timing...

DC was a mess this morning! I cannot possibilty imagine they are getting another 15 or so inches... It is going to be chaotic in DC until next week. I hope everything will be fine on the east coast and that things will return to normal as swiftly as possible.

Know whats funny, I saw the AS Boeing special livery plane at DCA today. That plane must be stalking me
Thanks for the schweet pic ^

Glad you made it out of there.... sounds like its a huge mess and going to get worse... I'm squeaking into ORD it seems between storms (Arrival Thurs)
Old Feb 10, 2010, 9:23 am

Just hoping my SEA-EWR flt on Thursday is going to make it out. I hear fm a buddy of mine in central NJ that they have 5 inches of heavy wet stuff on the ground right now, with winds and snow picking up at the moment. Airport ground crews are going to earn their pay today trying to clear things up.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 9:48 am

Thanks for the schweet pic ^

Glad you made it out of there.... sounds like its a huge mess and going to get worse... I'm squeaking into ORD it seems between storms (Arrival Thurs)
Thanks... ORD seems to be in a good shape, so I think you will make it

Originally Posted by toadman
Just hoping my SEA-EWR flt on Thursday is going to make it out. I hear fm a buddy of mine in central NJ that they have 5 inches of heavy wet stuff on the ground right now, with winds and snow picking up at the moment. Airport ground crews are going to earn their pay today trying to clear things up.
Yikes, the chances are good that Thurs. flights might will get canceled. However, today's AS 14 has not been canceled yet, so if that flight makes it to EWR and then I think tomorrow's flights will survive [at least the evening flight].
Old Feb 10, 2010, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
SEA-BOS is already cancelled today. I'm glad PDX-BOS is not running on wednesdays so the crew for my flight tomorrow are already in BOS. The airport should be clear before the flight leaves PDX. Hope they dont cancel becasue Thursday and Friday flights are completely sold out. I don't want to try out priority standby on this trip
Old Feb 10, 2010, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
BOS appears to have been spared again. It stayed over feeezing most of the day so snow wasn't sticking right away. Accumulation estimates are down to 3-6in of snow which is our definition of a plowable snow event, which is one step up higher than a dusting
Old Feb 12, 2010, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
It is offical, I am stuck here until Wednesday...

Gotta write yet another email to my boss and professor...

Beckoa and Jackal, you guys better not be laughing this time!
Glad you got out...but I still maintain that everyone in the Lower 48 is a wuss...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.