AS Website Chronically Bad

Old Mar 10, 2010, 8:46 pm

AS removed an AA segment from me this week. I called to ask why, and they said the miles posted incorrectly, when they had posted correctly the first time!
Old Mar 10, 2010, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
There were a bunch of flights that posted with double credits. I got some of those. Had to re-add them manually after AS yanked them. :/
Old Mar 10, 2010, 9:32 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
There were a bunch of flights that posted with double credits. I got some of those. Had to re-add them manually after AS yanked them. :/
at least they aint like DL. I had double miles post in DL from the NW transfer over and I got a rude very threatening email from Delta Revenue Protection accusing me of fraud and the likes telling me they could shut down my account take all the miles cancel a current flight itinerary etc etc even though it was their dumb stupid selves that screwed it up.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 10:49 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Wasn't just flights, I had parking and hotel credits that posted double as well. The partner credits actually posted reversals, so there are a few lines that show as negative points.

The flights, however, just mysteriously disappeared, taking with them the double EQM and double EQS that were so magically deposited into my account. I'll give AS another few days to post the flights properly before I send in my BP's. It's taking them a while, but I doubt they would just yank the errant flights and never post them properly.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just resubmit them on the website as missing flights; they should come back fine.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 9:17 am

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
Just resubmit them on the website as missing flights; they should come back fine.
True, however I found it kind of rude the way they just deleted the flights rather than making an adjustment. I assume it must be an automated batch process, but it would've been nice had they sent out a notice informing us that some flights might need to be manually re-added. Then again, they might be planning to run a second process to restore them. Oh well...
Old Mar 11, 2010, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, I think removing them without a by-your-leave's a bit gauche. One would think that the same process to remove them could generate an email to the account saying "uh, we had to clean up your AS account- you might want to check and see that everything's there that's supposed to be".
Old Mar 13, 2010, 8:19 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
It's Fixed

My missing flight from 2/21 appeared this morning, as did the significant other's.

Old Mar 15, 2010, 11:35 am

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
Yep.

Originally Posted by dgreen12
My missing flight from 2/21 appeared this morning, as did the significant other's.

And double yep.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 1:02 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Most of my missing miles have now correctly posted. I did have one minor discrepancy for a flight that was missing the final PDX-SEA segment. I guess it's been a while since I submitted a missing AS flight, cause WOW is it nice now! I just popped in my confirmation code and flight date and it automatically recognized the missing segment and posted it immediately! Color me impressed.

Would advise everyone to check that ALL your segments have posted. That little 129-mile hop was worth 1000 miles to me.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 10:55 am

Having this happen regularly now

For the last 2-3 flights I've taken, I've had a segment random drop off / come back on the page, here and there. The first one I resubmitted was immediately credited, which was great, until two days later, I re-received my original flight that had been there for two weeks... so it was off to de-dupe.

It's interesting, it seems to happen RIGHT AROUND the time I have new mileage about to credit, so I'm going to wait this one out and see what happens, now that I have two segments this week, plus the one that vanished from last week, to come.

Additionally, after months of no real issues with logging in and such, I'm regularly getting those varied site errors saying that pages don't exist, we can't complete your activity, and so on. Ugh. At least the mobile site has been working fairly well for me on my iPhone.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 11:13 am

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Glad I found this thread. I had a dining credit post double (in a single line on the activity) and then a negative post for the extra part. Flights I took on 3/16 and 3/21 have not posted yet. I was planning to wait until after the 28th and manually submit all the segments.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 7:32 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K, National and Avis Elite member
New Website Problems Galore!

I just tried to pull up a reservation online that was on hold so I could buy it today. I kept getting an error message saying that there was an itinerary change and the reservation had to be handled manually and I had to call Alaska Air as soon as possible. I was planning on paying for the ticket both with a credit card, and with a travel credit (which can only be applied to the reservation online).

When I called up Alaska Air/Horizon, the reservations staff told me they had no problem pulling up the reservation on their system, and they were puzzled since there was no itinerary change on the route (RNO-LAX RT).

The staff then tried to access my reservation through the general website (which uses a different server than their reservation system). This time they got some obscure error message about a communication problem. Going through the website, even they couldn't access my reservation. They then acknowledged that something screwy was going on with the website. Apparently the IT staff have been adding various updates on the system, and that may be why things are getting screwed up. The reservations staff will be notifying the IT staff of the latest website errors.

Is it just my imagination or has the whole website gone bonkers in the last month or so?
Old Mar 27, 2010, 7:53 pm

Unhappy Can't access FF accounts...

Over the past 3 days, can't seem to access any of our FF accounts. Every time I try to log in, the user ID and password fields come back blank.
I've tried different family members' accounts and different computers (work, home, friend') with different browsers. Can't seem to get to our accounts...
Will try calling them on Monday.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 8:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AS BR, DL, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Rawan
Over the past 3 days, can't seem to access any of our FF accounts. Every time I try to log in, the user ID and password fields come back blank.
I've tried different family members' accounts and different computers (work, home, friend') with different browsers. Can't seem to get to our accounts...
Will try calling them on Monday.
Same thing has been happening to me. You can get in fine if you go to My Trips and then it prompts you to sign in that way.

However, after getting to my trips, I keep getting this:

Error Encountered

Our web server encountered an internal error. It was logged to aid our staff in finding a solution.

For guidance with this transaction, call Customer Care at 1-800-654-5669, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. (PT)

Server Name: Q5

Server Time: 3/27/2010 7:24:56 PM

Remote Host: 209.253.118.248

It's very frustrating as I have several reservations that I need to look at. I was trying to forward itineraries to family. I can't just go back to my original email because they have changed the times and even flight number in one case.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.