Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS flight number on UA (016) tkt; can I waitlist for u/g?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2010, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum

I bought a mixed AS/UA itinerary through my corporate travel tool. Even though the AS segment is first, the ticket was issued via UA with an 016 number.

I don't normally do split itins like this -- wondering if despite having an AS flight number, am I going to be unable to waitlist for an MVPG upgrade on the AS flight because it's on a UA ticket?

Thanks in advance for any advice
Old Jan 28, 2010, 7:56 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Oh yay one of those lovely messes. I feel for ya. Ive had a debacle like this before but in my case I was able to standby on AS. good luck
Old Jan 28, 2010, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Is your MP# in? Plug in your itinerary if it isn't showing in "my itineraries" and make sure your res is there with your MP# attached (and if you can't get it in, AS res can) and then see if you can WL from My Itins. The worst case is at the airport, if that segment is being credited to AS, you can WL. Your corp TA's system, if it properly has your AS and UA #s in there will properly link the segments to the proper mileage #s.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Yep, # is in there and I can see it on AS.com, but it is showing up on the "Other" tab of My Itins

An AS phone agent insists that it hasn't been ticketed yet (and thus that she could not w/l me for the u/g), though I received confirmation from the TA which in the past has always meant that it was indeed ticketed...

Guess I'll give it until the am and then call the TA to find out what they see in their system
Old Jan 28, 2010, 9:58 pm
ANC

Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
Yep, # is in there and I can see it on AS.com, but it is showing up on the "Other" tab of My Itins

An AS phone agent insists that it hasn't been ticketed yet (and thus that she could not w/l me for the u/g), though I received confirmation from the TA which in the past has always meant that it was indeed ticketed...

Guess I'll give it until the am and then call the TA to find out what they see in their system
they do show up in other catergory when they arent yet ticketed. Ive had that happen even with all AS itins. Perhaps UA wont ticket it and you will end up with a UA itin and an AS itin...or its taking longer for UA to ticket because its not a partner but an interline ticket
Old Jan 28, 2010, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA

If you have your 016 ticket #, you know it has been ticketed. Can you see your ticket # if you look at your reservation with UA? Also, what system is your TA on? If it is Apollo, go to Viewtrip with your PNR. Otherwise, go to Checkmytrip.com or Virtuallythere.com (depending on the TA's system) with your PNR#
Old Jan 29, 2010, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Just call reservations and give them the flight number, name, date, etc. They will then request for a upgrade through their systems.

It doesn't matter who issues the ticket as long as your fare basis allows an upgrade on the AS sector.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 9:31 am
ANC

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Just call reservations and give them the flight number, name, date, etc. They will then request for a upgrade through their systems.

It doesn't matter who issues the ticket as long as your fare basis allows an upgrade on the AS sector.
OP called already and tried this and was told it hasnt been ticketed yet
Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:22 am
Original Poster

So two more calls to AS and one to my TA and it is resolved, and I am waitlisted for u/g

Turns out it was indeed an error with the TA's system, the 016 flight number was only for the UA segment and they had failed to ticket the AS segment. They took care of that and the itin moved over to "Purchased" on AS.com and a "Request upgrade link appeared"... However the upgrade request failed several times -- but a final call back to AS and the agent was able to request it, and the request now appears online.

Thanks for all the advice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.