2750 miles and 6 bottles of wines for 42 dollars

Old Jan 28, 10, 1:55 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SEA
Programs: UA Prem, DL Plat, CO Plat, Torrid Diva,Rascal House (free cookies!), TWA Ambassador 183506503
Posts: 415
2750 miles and 6 bottles of wines for 42 dollars

sounds like a deal...

http://www.vinesse.com/alaska/alkem0...?src=alkem0110
alison11 is offline  
Old Jan 28, 10, 2:07 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
Posts: 2,417
Once again an offer that I cannot participate in because of the arcane alcoholic beverage laws in Arizona. Fellow AZ FT'ers please send an e-mail or letter to your State Representatives and State Senators to at least allow shipment of wine.
COpltASgldPHX is offline  
Old Jan 28, 10, 2:14 pm
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Posts: 13,857
That's a great deal indeed... I can't get it to work with any other airlines tho'.

Google vinesse + delta gets you their skymiles offers but no discount. The price is $99 which is no deal at all.

Anyone else have better luck with carriers other than AS?
notsosmart is offline  
Old Jan 28, 10, 8:43 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Between BLI & PAE.
Programs: AS MVP Gold, One Pass, SPG, Marriot Rewards,Sky Miles, AMEX Miles
Posts: 1,237
Originally Posted by COpltASgldPHX View Post
Once again an offer that I cannot participate in because of the arcane alcoholic beverage laws in Arizona. Fellow AZ FT'ers please send an e-mail or letter to your State Representatives and State Senators to at least allow shipment of wine.
better yet go to http://www.freethegrapes.org/ and get some advice on the best ways to assist in this endeavor...
JPat is offline  
Old Jan 29, 10, 12:48 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SEA
Programs: AA Platinum, AS MVPG
Posts: 132
I looked at it, but the offer isn't exactly clearly laid out. It sounds like you are signing up for a monthly deal and it isn't clear whether the price includes shipping or not.

Can anybody confirm whether shipping is included?
Stein is offline  
Old Jan 29, 10, 1:58 pm
  #6  
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

2019 Secret Santa
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: deep within the Eskimo lair
Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Posts: 16,833
"Your introductory half-case is priced at $41.94 plus free shipping."
missydarlin is offline  
Old Jan 29, 10, 7:55 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Programs: AS MVP
Posts: 29
FWIW I signed up for this and yes, got the miles, but the wine was TERRIBLE. Just fyi if you're expecting terrific wine - you will not get it. I would pass. I canceled after two months.
glamourous1 is offline  
Old Jan 30, 10, 8:00 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 261
If ones plans are to receive the first shipment and then cancel the membership be sure to cancel immediately after receiving the initial shipment. The terms suggest that subsequent shipments will be sent out every 2 months but also mentions an additional quarterly shipment of the "special" seasonal selections which in my case was delivered within 3 weeks of the initial introductory shipment. An additional shipment was delivered 3 weeks later making for 3 deliveries within 45 days.

Last edited by nawlins; Jan 30, 10 at 9:07 am
nawlins is offline  
Old Jan 30, 10, 8:58 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Washington (the state)
Programs: AS Gold75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 101
Originally Posted by COpltASgldPHX View Post
Once again an offer that I cannot participate in because of the arcane alcoholic beverage laws in Arizona. Fellow AZ FT'ers please send an e-mail or letter to your State Representatives and State Senators to at least allow shipment of wine.
I'd happily trade the ability to have wine mailed for the low taxes on hard alcohol you have down there, not to mention the ability to buy it at Costco. Prices run about 25% higher up here.

For my two cents, the wine isn't "terrible". It's an OK $7 wine. Its standard price on subsequent shipments is closer to $16/bottle and that's a bad deal. I too received about 3 shipments in a very short amount of time before I cancelled. At the time my cellar was bare so I decided to keep them rather than attempt to refuse delivery or return. Cancellation was one quick phone call.

In the end I paid $240 for 18 bottles of table wine. I also got around 5000 miles (Northwest was running a promotion at the time). Altogether I figure that means I almost broke even. Almost. YMMV.
DragonMartini is offline  
Old Feb 1, 10, 5:56 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: PDX
Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Posts: 1,793
Originally Posted by nawlins View Post
If ones plans are to receive the first shipment and then cancel the membership be sure to cancel immediately after receiving the initial shipment. The terms suggest that subsequent shipments will be sent out every 2 months but also mentions an additional quarterly shipment of the "special" seasonal selections which in my case was delivered within 3 weeks of the initial introductory shipment. An additional shipment was delivered 3 weeks later making for 3 deliveries within 45 days.
Are you sure you can cancel right away? Because the T&C's say the following:
Please allow up to 8 weeks from the date of product shipment for miles to be posted to your account. Offer valid from 1/21/2010-2/21/2010. Enrollment miles not valid on gift memberships. Must be an active member for at least 21 days to receive enrollment miles.

I would love to do this as this is really cheap way to get 2000+ miles.....However, as a Muslim, I will be just throwing away the wine and keeping the miles.....feel free to pillage thru my recycle bin for the free wine.
mrx900 is offline  
Old Feb 1, 10, 10:30 pm
  #11  
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

2019 Secret Santa
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: deep within the Eskimo lair
Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Posts: 16,833
Originally Posted by mrx900 View Post
I would love to do this as this is really cheap way to get 2000+ miles.....However, as a Muslim, I will be just throwing away the wine and keeping the miles.....feel free to pillage thru my recycle bin for the free wine.

you don't have to ship it to yourself...
missydarlin is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread