Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Receiving partner credit outside eligible flight range on DL/NW

Old Jan 22, 10, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75k, SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond

I recently flew on DL 4128 MEM-LIT, which is a codeshare operated by NW 7205. Both flight numbers are outside the eligible flight numbers range listed on alaskaair.com for both NW and DL. But my account was credited 1000 mi AND I received 500 EQM, even though it's a 130 mi flight (which is consistent with NW/DL's minimum EQM policy). That's great news and I'm not complaining, but I am trying to plan some other flights on DL/NW and I want to ensure I receive AS credit. Does anybody know what DL & NW flight numbers are actually eligible for credit on AS now?

BTW, I bought the ticket from DL and it's credited to my account as DL 4128.
Old Jan 22, 10, 1:24 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

This issue was brought up in another thread last week.

Many of us are still scratching our heads trying to figure out which DL/NW flights are eligible....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...an-credit.html

I guess things are going to be uncertain until DL/NW merges into a single operating carrier on 1/31.

Glad you received credit for both flights !
Old Jan 22, 10, 11:22 am

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by golfingboy View Post
This issue was brought up in another thread last week.

Many of us are still scratching our heads trying to figure out which DL/NW flights are eligible....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...an-credit.html

I guess things are going to be uncertain until DL/NW merges into a single operating carrier on 1/31.

Glad you received credit for both flights !
I've been operating on the assumption that if it's mainline DL/NW flight on DL/NW metal (regardless of AC type), then it should count. So far I've been correct.

On occasion, such as during irrops, DL will add flights with numbers outside the supposedly eligible range (typically somewhere in the 9000's). These are still DL mainline flights on DL metal, e.g. an MD-88 between BOS-ATL. In my experience, I've always gotten credit for these.

Sometimes an allegedly 'ineligible' NW flight # has a corresponding DL flight # that's within the eligible range, or vice versa.

I'd worry less about the flight numbers, and more about the metal, as the truly ineligible flights typically involve connection carriers.
Old Jan 22, 10, 9:11 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by hgdf View Post
I've been operating on the assumption that if it's mainline DL/NW flight on DL/NW metal (regardless of AC type), then it should count. So far I've been correct.

On occasion, such as during irrops, DL will add flights with numbers outside the supposedly eligible range (typically somewhere in the 9000's). These are still DL mainline flights on DL metal, e.g. an MD-88 between BOS-ATL. In my experience, I've always gotten credit for these.

Sometimes an allegedly 'ineligible' NW flight # has a corresponding DL flight # that's within the eligible range, or vice versa.

I'd worry less about the flight numbers, and more about the metal, as the truly ineligible flights typically involve connection carriers.
usually involves pinnacle. Mesaba still counted as of a month ago at least
Old Jan 22, 10, 9:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, UA 2P
Welcome to FT! Love the handle.

Search this Thread