Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New GIDS System

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2010, 11:15 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
and for those who complained it would take too long to go through all the screens, Id say its a mere 5 or 10 seconds of your time to see where you are on the list....worth my 10 seconds of time for sure to see where I stand ^
Old Feb 27, 2010, 11:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by ANC
and for those who complained it would take too long to go through all the screens, Id say its a mere 5 or 10 seconds of your time to see where you are on the list....worth my 10 seconds of time for sure to see where I stand ^
I was wondering how long it would cycle thru the screens (assuming there was a long standby list) - might be interesting to see this in play during Spring Break
Old Feb 28, 2010, 12:01 am
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by beckoa
I was wondering how long it would cycle thru the screens (assuming there was a long standby list) - might be interesting to see this in play during Spring Break
hmmm 1 screen shows like 10 or 12. I suppose it could take a bit if theres more but it still wouldnt be that long. I didnt time it but did watch it for a little bit changing from the standby screen to the u waitlist screen it it seemed to change every 5 or so seconds. If there are 50 on standby and 30 on the UG list I suppose that would take a while but how often does that happen? not often unless you are on some high frequency route during peak hours. AS108 was oversold and the screens still cycled through the lists at a decent rate. What Id like to know is if you are a gold with a companion how does it show up on this board? Does just the primary traveler show up on it or both of you? Obviously if theres just 1 seat open and you are next it leap frogs you. Would the UG list say ANcx2 ANc/MrsANC or both separately or what?

Last edited by ANC; Feb 28, 2010 at 12:07 am
Old Feb 28, 2010, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by missydarlin
Hey look, only 3 more people before I clear
Wow--that's kind of creepy.

Was this by chance or by design?!
Old Feb 28, 2010, 1:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by ANC
hmmm 1 screen shows like 10 or 12. I suppose it could take a bit if theres more but it still wouldnt be that long. I didnt time it but did watch it for a little bit changing from the standby screen to the u waitlist screen it it seemed to change every 5 or so seconds. If there are 50 on standby and 30 on the UG list I suppose that would take a while but how often does that happen? not often unless you are on some high frequency route during peak hours. AS108 was oversold and the screens still cycled through the lists at a decent rate. What Id like to know is if you are a gold with a companion how does it show up on this board? Does just the primary traveler show up on it or both of you? Obviously if theres just 1 seat open and you are next it leap frogs you. Would the UG list say ANcx2 ANc/MrsANC or both separately or what?
Good question... or side by side names...

I've heard of instances of long ques of folks trying to get out of Alaska during the winter/spring time, and then with wx, the lists can be quite long as well I'd imagine...

Originally Posted by jackal
Wow--that's kind of creepy.

Was this by chance or by design?!
I know...
Old Mar 4, 2010, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
Saw them in use this past Tuesday in ANC... very AS... cycle thru the standby list, upgrade list, seat request list, and destination info (weather)...

Actually pointed it out to a gate agent who heard about it, but didn't see it yet (directly above her )
Old Mar 4, 2010, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by ANC
What Id like to know is if you are a gold with a companion how does it show up on this board? Does just the primary traveler show up on it or both of you? Obviously if theres just 1 seat open and you are next it leap frogs you. Would the UG list say ANcx2 ANc/MrsANC or both separately or what?
I'm assuming it will look just like the paper one I've seen posted at the gates.

AN/c
MrsAN/C
Xxx/Y
Old May 25, 2010, 11:24 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Any updates on the GIDS installations other than the airports listed by United757?

When is the target completion date to install GIDS at all airports in the AS system?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.