Mileage and EQM on Codeshare Flights

Old Jan 20, 10, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS G75K, DL GM, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond
Mileage and EQM on Codeshare Flights

Hi I have a question here that somebody might have answered in the past: If I book a NW/DL RT ticket, that half of segments are operated by DL but the other half of them are codeshare flight (with DL 7XXX number) that is flown by another carrier (a Skyteam member like KE), will the mileage (and EQM) of those codeshare segments credited to my MP account ?

Thanks !

BW
Old Jan 20, 10, 7:45 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

No

It is frustrating sometimes, because DL tends to sell one way on DL metal and the other on a codeshare.... They always do that with Europe with Air France
Old Jan 20, 10, 8:26 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
with the ever changing DL and NW flight numbers of late its hard to tell but if AS has the airline partner page up to date the DL flight numbers that are code shared with another airline should fall outside of the eligible numbers.
Old Jan 20, 10, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Oops I forgot to check the Partner Airlines page, and the flights I was looking at do not follow into the eligible range. Bummer !
Old Jan 21, 10, 12:08 am
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by BW Flyer View Post
Oops I forgot to check the Partner Airlines page, and the flights I was looking at do not follow into the eligible range. Bummer !
Im guessing the KE segment/s is or are longer and you would earn more RDMs if they are eligible since AS is a KE partner on some flights. Whats the possibility to book it through KE and earn RDMs? and lose the DL segments miles or is the EQMs earned on the DL segment/s while losing the KE RDM miles more important in your situation?
Old Jan 21, 10, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ANC View Post
Im guessing the KE segment/s is or are longer and you would earn more RDMs if they are eligible since AS is a KE partner on some flights. Whats the possibility to book it through KE and earn RDMs? and lose the DL segments miles or is the EQMs earned on the DL segment/s while losing the KE RDM miles more important in your situation?
Yes we can earn KE miles on our AS MP, but no EQM, and just like BA or some other overseas airlines, if your fare is below a certain bucket (class), you only earn 70% of the actual miles.

The main reason I am thinking about taking that routing is KE's long haul international service is way better than DL/NW (both J and Y), and the segments I am looking at are similar in cost when compare DL/NW against KE flights. I guess I could still earn AS miles if I enter my MP number for those KE segments (direct from the KE system not through DL/NW) ??

Thanks !

Search this Thread