AS Predictions thread for 2010

Old Jan 22, 2010, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
It's that time on the calender, isn't it?
Oh eff.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 9:32 pm
FOH

Programs: DL GM, UA nobody, Marriott Gold
The rumors on the DL board are that the reservations system for NW will be shutdown on 2/1 and the former DL system will handle everything. The rumors also suggest that nwa.com will be shutdown at the same time.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 9:59 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by FOH
The rumors on the DL board are that the reservations system for NW will be shutdown on 2/1 and the former DL system will handle everything. The rumors also suggest that nwa.com will be shutdown at the same time.
oh joy. That will be the day the NW website takes 3 steps back to 1997. DL has one of the lamest sites in the industry. Nobody still holds a stick to the AS site (maybe WN or FL comes the closest but are still pretty far off). But as far as legacy domestic carriers go, DL is one of the worst if not the worst website around
Old Jan 23, 2010, 11:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by ANC
oh joy. That will be the day the NW website takes 3 steps back to 1997. DL has one of the lamest sites in the industry. Nobody still holds a stick to the AS site (maybe WN or FL comes the closest but are still pretty far off). But as far as legacy domestic carriers go, DL is one of the worst if not the worst website around
You should see the thread on the DL forum... its like somebody died [or is about to]
Old Jan 25, 2010, 4:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Well one of my predictions came partially true. SEA-IAH is being retimed. Aircraft will now RON in Houston and flights will originate / terminate in ANC.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by ANC
AS will up its baggage fees to abide with the airline fee matching conspiracy
Originally Posted by FAIPDXFlyer
6. Bag fees will be slightly higher, though not as high as DL's newely implemented fees.
Originally Posted by United757
Bag fees increase
Originally Posted by JPat
More bag fees
Originally Posted by COS flyer
Bag fees increase x4
Originally Posted by golfingboy
Baggage fees for non-elites goes up
Let's see, according to an internal article today on the company site.....nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, and nope.

There is only talk of adjusting the charge if you check in directly with a service agent, but nothing really concrete.

The $25 or 2,500 baggage service gaurantee also looks like it will become a permanent offer. So far it has been extended through July and will most likely be permanent after that.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 5:34 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by 402Fanatic
Let's see, according to an internal article today on the company site.....nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, and nope.
^

Originally Posted by 402Fanatic
The $25 or 2,500 baggage service gaurantee also looks like it will become a permanent offer. So far it has been extended through July and will most likely be permanent after that.
Sometimes I would purposely check in my carryon hoping that I will score a $25 voucher and I failed every time. :P Good job AS ^
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:37 pm
ANC

Seems to be a lot of interest for MKE, (some PA location either PHL or PIT), and DTW. Are you hearing this AS?

Last I heard theres a 734 in storage...wipe the dust off that puppy

Last edited by ANC; Jan 25, 2010 at 11:53 pm
Old Jan 26, 2010, 12:12 am
ANC

AS SEA 700AM to MKE arrive 1235PM
AS MKE 1330PM to SEA arrive 1655PM
AS SEA 1735PM to PIT arrive 0245AM
AS PIT 0330AM to SEA arrive 630AM

Old Jan 26, 2010, 10:23 am

Programs: Nada of note these days….
pipe dream???????

so long as were at the 'wish list' stage:

RSW to SEA daily NS....
Old Jan 26, 2010, 2:29 pm

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by ANC
Seems to be a lot of interest for MKE, (some PA location either PHL or PIT), and DTW. Are you hearing this AS?

Last I heard theres a 734 in storage...wipe the dust off that puppy
I vote S50 first. I'm sure its long enough.

Originally Posted by ANC
AS SEA 700AM to MKE arrive 1235PM
AS MKE 1330PM to SEA arrive 1655PM
AS SEA 1735PM to PIT arrive 0245AM
AS PIT 0330AM to SEA arrive 630AM

I wonder what sort of lame reason would end up in the press release regarding the PIT timing.

Maybe AS should just flat out turn PIT into their east coast hub since half the airport is mothballed anyway.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 2:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by maokh
3400'? Is that long enough???
Old Jan 26, 2010, 2:53 pm
ANC

Originally Posted by maokh

I wonder what sort of lame reason would end up in the press release regarding the PIT timing.

Maybe AS should just flat out turn PIT into their east coast hub since half the airport is mothballed anyway.
S50 is 3400 feet. Im sure it could be done since DUT was 3900 but theyd have to leave some empty seats and I doubt the NIMBYS in the area want full thrust take offs

ohhh you mean QX?
Old Jan 26, 2010, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by ANC
S50 is 3400 feet. Im sure it could be done since DUT was 3900 but theyd have to leave some empty seats and I doubt the NIMBYS in the area want full thrust take offs

ohhh you mean QX?
Well we were talking AS...
Old Jan 26, 2010, 4:01 pm

Programs: AS, AA, DL, LAN, SPG
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
-SEA - MSY or SEA - IND service will be introduced.
SEA-IND would be golden! No more connections through ORD or MSP.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.