Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines (2010-2012 edition)

Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beckoa
Consolidated benefits for AS Elites flying DL

MVP
  • Zone 1 Boarding
  • One Free checked bag
  • priority seating
  • 25% discount on International Economy Comfort
  • Space Available upgrades

MVPG/75K
  • Zone SKY Boarding
  • SkyPriority Checkin
  • SkyPriority Lane for Security
  • Two Free Checked Bags (70 lbs domestic, 50 lbs Intl)
  • Priority Seating
  • 50% discount on International Economy Comfort
  • Space Available upgrades
Print Wikipost

MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines (2010-2012 edition)

Old Feb 12, 2012, 11:57 pm
IJK

Originally Posted by SeattleMadrona
....make me wonder why even show the list.
And why even bother to upgrade? Rarely I am at n-1, but usually at n out of n.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 8:02 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Meteorologist
I had the EXACT same problem with class of service miles not posting. I flew PDX-SLC-LAS in an A-fare ticketed first class routing. I got the normal flight miles and the MVPG/75K bonus but no class of service bonus. I also emailed mileage plan, and I heard nothing nor was anything posted. Poor form by AS, if I do say so myself.
I snail mailed them about 10 days ago, still waiting to hear back.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by dgreen12
Will be a bit- and don't be surprised to see an email reply. But I do like the snail-mail letters
Old Feb 13, 2012, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
Will be a bit- and don't be surprised to see an email reply. But I do like the snail-mail letters
It's easier to get them "all" of the information I want them to see via snail mail.

They should take their time and consider it all before they respond. If they do that, I don't care how they send their reply (they could simply just post all of the COS bonus miles and that would be a quite satisfactory response).
Old Feb 13, 2012, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
It's easier to get them "all" of the information I want them to see via snail mail.

They should take their time and consider it all before they respond. If they do that, I don't care how they send their reply (they could simply just post all of the COS bonus miles and that would be a quite satisfactory response).
One feature of CO's website I like is that their contact form has the option to upload attachments to your missive.

The other feature I like is that they reply within a few days, too.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 4:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by jackal

One feature of CO's website I like is that their contact form has the option to upload attachments to your missive.

The other feature I like is that they reply within a few days, too.
Well there is an email address for both DL and AS that is answered- just can't recall what they are- and there you can attach screenshots, BP's, etc
Old Feb 21, 2012, 3:31 pm

Was generally pleased after calling DL this morning after the SEA-DTW leg of SEA-DTW-DCA was canceled for me on Wednesday that they a) quickly re-routed me SEA-MSP-DCA and b) put me in FC on both of those flights. Like everyone else, all of my DL upgrades of late have been at the gate (like, literally - not even getting called to the counter pre-flight) for the last couple of months, so I'll take it.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 1:12 am

Programs: AS MVPG
I was unupgraded at the gate once on Delta, haha. I was flying out of LAX so I wasn't expecting an upgrade at all, and I had exit row so I was fine anyway, but when I checked in I was given a boarding pass with a first class seat on it. So I double checked it and was apparently upgraded.

So I go to board when First Class is called, and when they scan my boarding pass a horrible beeping noise erupts from scanner machine. The gate agent then very rudely starts asking me about the boarding pass, where I got it, etc. So I explain to him, and he continues with the rudeness and confrontational attitude. He even goes so far as to say something like "I have Diamonds on this flight who weren't upgraded, why would an Alaska elite be upgraded". You should have heard the disgust he put into his voice when he said Alaska elite.

Best part was that I lost my good exit row seat, with nothing in front of me, and got stuck into that weird exit row window seat that has the wall jutting out in front. Being that I'm 6'9, it was fairly uncomfortable. Thankfully the person next to me didn't mind my legs being cocked across at an angle.

Anyway, as soon as I sat down on the plane I started tweeting with Delta's customer service, and ended up getting a $200 voucher, which I have to give them credit for, but it is the first time I've ever been unupgraded before, and I'm still not sure what would happen that would cause their system to give me a seat like that.

To clarify: I wasn't even really mad about losing the upgrade, like I said, flying out of LAX as a partner elite I wasn't expecting to get upgraded anyway, it was just the incredibly rude way that I was treated that got my hackles up.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:39 am

No response to my snail mail of January 30, so I sent them an electronic copy of the correspondence via email today.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:30 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; WN A-List; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; HH Diamond; all the rest
Upgrades

Has anyone ever noticed a difference (either way) in UG's on DL if they OLCI at T-24 vs. later vs. check in at airport?

Upthread, posters have discussed that they seem to get UG'd at the gate if at all, recently.

My flight is tomorrow evening SEA-SLC - we're at T-28.5 and two F seats still show unassigned (for what the seat map is worth).
Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP, PriorityPass, Global Entry
Originally Posted by DCA-SEA
Has anyone ever noticed a difference (either way) in UG's on DL if they OLCI at T-24 vs. later vs. check in at airport?
I don't believe it makes a difference, as long as you are checked in before gate upgrades are processed. The main advantage to checking in online (other than getting your boarding pass) is that you can view the upgrade list, just note that it shows shows the upgrade list of people who have already checked it, but it can be useful in knowing more about the possibility.
Upthread, posters have discussed that they seem to get UG'd at the gate if at all, recently.
It's always been that way, AFAIK (I've certainly never seen otherwise).
My flight is tomorrow evening SEA-SLC - we're at T-28.5 and two F seats still show unassigned (for what the seat map is worth).
FYI, I checked Expert Flyer, and it is indeed F2, but A0 (Delta's upgrade class), which means that as of now, all complimentary upgrades have been given out. They will release them at some point (often not until the gate) if they are still unoccupied, but being that it is already at A0, there are likely Delta elites who haven't gotten an upgrade yet.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:45 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass

I have only ever been upgraded at the gate, even on flights with very few elites and F essentially empty (which went out with empty F seats).

When you check in, you will have the option to look at the upgrade list. It will say something like: "you are #x of #y on the upgrade list for #z open first class seats". I love that it appears to be completely transparent. Keep in mind, however, that there is no urgency/motivation to do OLCI at T-24 hours on DL as there is on AS; therefore, I've noticed that the upgrade list changes drastically by the time of arrival at the airport generally. You can always log into your reservation later in the day and review any changes in the upgrade list.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Delta does not factor time of check-in for upgrade priority. Delta pretty much always holds back FC seats for last minute sale, so the fact that 2 seats are empty does not mean all Delta Elites have already been upgraded. I suspect you will see a number of Delta elites on the upgrade list for the flight. As they check-in for the flight, they will bump you down the upgrade list (the upgrade list only shows those of have checked in for the flight).
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by meballard
FYI, I checked Expert Flyer, and it is indeed F2, but A0 (Delta's upgrade class), which means that as of now, all complimentary upgrades have been given out.
A small correction for those checking upgrade inventory: Delta's upgrade buckets for complimentary Medallion upgrades are:

V, for flights sold as domestic First class

G, for flights sold as Business
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP, PriorityPass, Global Entry
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
A small correction for those checking upgrade inventory: Delta's upgrade buckets for complimentary Medallion upgrades are:

V, for flights sold as domestic First class

G, for flights sold as Business
Brain-fart on my part (for V), although I just double checked and G is actually First domestic upgrades using miles or PMU/SWU certs, X is Business complimentary, and Z for Business miles/certs.

The flight is V0 currently.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.