Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines (2010-2012 edition)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beckoa
Consolidated benefits for AS Elites flying DL

MVP
  • Zone 1 Boarding
  • One Free checked bag
  • priority seating
  • 25% discount on International Economy Comfort
  • Space Available upgrades

MVPG/75K
  • Zone SKY Boarding
  • SkyPriority Checkin
  • SkyPriority Lane for Security
  • Two Free Checked Bags (70 lbs domestic, 50 lbs Intl)
  • Priority Seating
  • 50% discount on International Economy Comfort
  • Space Available upgrades
Print Wikipost

MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines (2010-2012 edition)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:38 pm

Total random, yet interesting, note - flew this weekend SEA-MSP-MKE on an RT, and had Zone 1 as usual. Flying SEA-JFK tomorrow, and just checked in for DL 0182, and my zone is "Sky" - never seen that before.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: AS MVPG; WN A-List; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; HH Diamond; all the rest
Originally Posted by LBJ
Delta does not factor time of check-in for upgrade priority. Delta pretty much always holds back FC seats for last minute sale, so the fact that 2 seats are empty does not mean all Delta Elites have already been upgraded. I suspect you will see a number of Delta elites on the upgrade list for the flight. As they check-in for the flight, they will bump you down the upgrade list (the upgrade list only shows those of have checked in for the flight).
Thanks, everybody! I OLCI'd last night, and indeed: "#12 of 12"

I am at a Chone Figgins-like rate for DL UG's: 1 for my career (since they started UG'ing us at all, of course).
Old Mar 10, 2012, 7:51 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Tide_from_PAE
Except for upgrade priority, AS MVPs are considered to be Delta Silver Medallions and AA Gold Elites. Priority security is highly dependent on having Sky Priority printed on ones boarding pass, which is not a guarantee. Oddly enough, my family members (no status) have gotten Sky Priority when travelling with me while I have not.

As for the change in the baggage policy, DL announced this over a month ago. My complaint to AS shortly after the change was announced got a response that "currently, nothing has changed with the reciprocal benefits." Now that the AS website has been updated, it looks like I'll be sending a letter to AS.
The "You've Successfully Completed the MVP Challenge" email that my other half received yesterday (3/10/12) informed him that he would receive two free bags on DL as an AS MVP.

I had to inform him that somebody at AS lacks attention-to-detail skills.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:38 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by DCA-SEA
Thanks, everybody! I OLCI'd last night, and indeed: "#12 of 12"

I am at a Chone Figgins-like rate for DL UG's: 1 for my career (since they started UG'ing us at all, of course).
Get used to it. AS MVPGs rank behind DL Silvers for UGs. Maybe on Saturdays you have a chance, that's about it
Old Mar 17, 2012, 2:54 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Recently booked DCA - YVR (via MEM/MSP). Confirmation page listed all flights as "upgrade eligible". I was used to seeing "upgrade requested", so figured I'd check back in in a few days. Well....back again and no change. Am I remembering incorrectly - I do want it to say "requested" correct? Do I need to co something to change it? Perhaps this is because the flight is >2 months away?
Old Mar 17, 2012, 3:07 am

Programs: AS MVP, PriorityPass, Global Entry
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
Recently booked DCA - YVR (via MEM/MSP). Confirmation page listed all flights as "upgrade eligible". I was used to seeing "upgrade requested", so figured I'd check back in in a few days. Well....back again and no change. Am I remembering incorrectly - I do want it to say "requested" correct? Do I need to co something to change it? Perhaps this is because the flight is >2 months away?
Yes, you want upgrade requested. Upgrade eligible means that you qualify for an upgrade (probably), but it isn't in the system as you wanting it yet. Assuming all flights have a first class, and are operated by Delta/Delta Connection carriers, call the Medallion line, and they should be able to fix that for you.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 3:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
Need to call DL to have this changed as it should say Upgrade Requested. Just a bug of the system- sometimes it says requested and sometimes eligible. Not sure why the difference.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 4:19 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by meballard
Yes, you want upgrade requested. Upgrade eligible means that you qualify for an upgrade (probably), but it isn't in the system as you wanting it yet. Assuming all flights have a first class, and are operated by Delta/Delta Connection carriers, call the Medallion line, and they should be able to fix that for you.
Originally Posted by beckoa
Need to call DL to have this changed as it should say Upgrade Requested. Just a bug of the system- sometimes it says requested and sometimes eligible. Not sure why the difference.
Thanks...just had the most negative experience I've ever had with any airline telephone rep, ever. Snarly agent did not seem aware of the benefit at all, and wasn't interested in fixing it. Finally I asked for a supervisor. I never spoke to said supervisor, but after holding, received word from the original rep that I was indeed waitlisted...
Old Apr 17, 2012, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Interesting experience last night. Booked a flight on DL using my AS MVPG number. At booking, it showed me as Platinum Medallion equivalent, but checking the PNR later it now correctly shows Gold Medallion (MVPG has GM equivalence).

Does MVP 75K have PM equivalence, or was it just a quirk in the system that displayed the wrong level once?

I'm not upset - I'm getting what I should based on the agreement - just puzzled that the system would even equate me to a PM based on my AS status (I'm not a SM member at all, so no crossover there).

As for upgrades, considering that 3 of my 6 segments are CRJ's, I'm not holding my breath on the others.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by mreed911
Interesting experience last night. Booked a flight on DL using my AS MVPG number. At booking, it showed me as Platinum Medallion equivalent, but checking the PNR later it now correctly shows Gold Medallion (MVPG has GM equivalence).

Does MVP 75K have PM equivalence, or was it just a quirk in the system that displayed the wrong level once?
That is a known bug--well, one known by FlyerTalkers.

As a 75K, I did see Platinum appear when booking on DL.com. It doesn't mean anything AFAIK.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 3:04 pm

Programs: AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz 5*
Question

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, however I can't get a clear answer. If I book a flight on Delta and one leg of the trip is operated by Alaska..am I still treated as 75k on the Alaska leg or will they look at me as a Delta passenger with no status? Just trying to figure out if I will have a shot at the upgrade. Thanks
Old Apr 30, 2012, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cowbell2011
I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, however I can't get a clear answer. If I book a flight on Delta and one leg of the trip is operated by Alaska..am I still treated as 75k on the Alaska leg or will they look at me as a Delta passenger with no status? Just trying to figure out if I will have a shot at the upgrade. Thanks
As long as you provide your Mileage Plan number, yes, you should be treated just as if you had booked at alaskaair.com with the exception of not being able to change the itinerary without a change fee.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 3:42 pm

Programs: AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by jackal
As long as you provide your Mileage Plan number, yes, you should be treated just as if you had booked at alaskaair.com with the exception of not being able to change the itinerary without a change fee.
Awesome Thanks! Of course, they've got get extra money from us somehow, so it figures they would charge a change fee
Old Apr 30, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP, PriorityPass, Global Entry
Also make sure get the Alaska PNR code (you can call the Alaska 75k line if it isn't on the Delta website) and check your itinerary on the Alaska site as well. There you can make sure your seating is where you want, and that you're on the First Class waitlist.

Note - if you change you seat for the flight on either site, be sure to check the other site as well. If I remember correctly, generally seats you set on the Delta site will not transmit to Alaska properly, but you may see your seat changes on Delta after changing it on Alaska's site. You just need to watch it to make sure you don't end up in an unexpected site on one of the flights.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Awesome Thanks! Of course, they've got get extra money from us somehow, so it figures they would charge a change fee
If the ticket was purchased on and issues by DL, then it can only be changed by DL. DL will collect the change fee.

It's all based on who issued the ticket. If you (as an MVPG or higher) buy a DL (or AA, for that matter) codeshare on alaskaair.com, you can make changes without a change fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.