Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? REPORTS (2009-2012)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will Alaska Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? REPORTS (2009-2012)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2010, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by AS Flyer
Its odd that Alaska is serving an Italian wine. I can't remember ever serving a wine that wasn't produced on the west coast. Everybody has different tastes for wine but Ciao Bella Pinot Grigio got pretty good ratings at just about every wine site I found. Those that I've served it to have seemed to enjoy it.
Just took a look at the label of this wine on my last flight. It is, indeed, a west coast wine and not an Italian wine. I served it to a number of people and had several passengers mention that they really enjoyed it.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 12:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Just took a look at the label of this wine on my last flight. It is, indeed, a west coast wine and not an Italian wine. I served it to a number of people and had several passengers mention that they really enjoyed it.
I was seriously wondering what happened with Italian wine on AS... glad to hear its from the West Coast... ^ and hope to try a glass soon
Old Jun 12, 2010, 9:24 am

Programs: AS MVPG, UA 1P, UA RCC, Hertz Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver, SPG Gold
My last two flights, yesterday, and Sunday were served from the back to the front. Is there something new going on? I would think it was a start-up of FEBO, but one flight was 332 and the other was 327, so that wouldn't jive.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 10:50 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by longdrelation
My last two flights, yesterday, and Sunday were served from the back to the front. Is there something new going on? I would think it was a start-up of FEBO, but one flight was 332 and the other was 327, so that wouldn't jive.
Just FA preference. A small percentage do FEBO, most default to front-to-back, and a few are trying to even out the percentages by just starting in the back all the time.

The vast majority of AS meal service is still front-to-back.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Is this the "hummus" plate with celery and carrots instead of bread? If so, too much celery and not enough carrots.

I tried the pinot grigio, which was drinkable, but not great; magazine shows two different labels of pinot grigio this month, so not sure which I experienced.
I was on AS 12:10 flight from SEA-SFO and was served the humous plate. It looked like this.

Old Jun 13, 2010, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Chicken Marinara on AS 17:30 flight from LAX-SEA

Old Jun 13, 2010, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
The hummus plate pic seems like what I experienced, but ... there was no bread!
Old Jun 15, 2010, 10:17 am

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Originally Posted by SFO777
Valid point, but we are talking AS First, which is not really First Class but more like Business Class. Fares are generally cheaper than competitors' First Class and you get what you pay for... lack of meal choices, cheaper cuts of meat, less comfortable seating, and the annoying welcome mat for Y pax to use the F lav.
No AS is not cheaper out of MCO!!
Old Jun 15, 2010, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Yes, yes it can be. For a recent Y trip, it was $129 nonstop one-way (matched a DL one-stop through LAX). VX was over $200. I've flown that route in F on a $129 ticket, FWIW.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 12:00 am

Programs: Newbie in everything =p
F Class - PDX ---> SNA 7:25pm

Was on the PDX-SNA 7:25pm flight this evening (6/15).

Interestingly enough, they didn't have the Cosmo, but they did have the summer lemonade (yum!).

The snack served was potstickers over a bed of cabbage. It was actually decent. I had a light dinner at PDX (Pizza Schmizza is awesome!) so the light snack was definitely a nice way to end the evening.

Had a Mimosa, since they didn't have Cosmo.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by gkbiiii
No AS is not cheaper out of MCO!!
US Airways is the only cheaper airline. You have to connect via Charlotte or Philadelphia on them.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
US Airways is the only cheaper airline. You have to connect via Charlotte or Philadelphia on them.
With US you can get upgrades on all fares, why not on AS?
Old Jun 16, 2010, 1:51 pm

Are you talking about mileage upgrades?

AS offers complimentary upgrades for elites on all flights in all fare classes systemwide [includes Hawaii] as long as there are upgrade space available.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 2:03 pm

It's my understanding that MVP Golds and MVP's are able to upgrade on any fare. Some fares allow you to upgrade earlier than others. Having said that, I was only responding to your assertion that AS was no cheaper from MCO. They are, in fact, cheaper than a number of airlines, and only more expensive than one airline for a First Class seat. If you're talking about coach fares and then upgrading I'm not the expert on that, but you're statement was in response to a statement about First Class fares. Alaska is, indeed, cheaper than a number of other airlines.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 2:29 pm

It's my understanding that MVP Golds and MVP's are able to upgrade on any fare. Some fares allow you to upgrade earlier than others.
Correct, FWIW:

4 ways for an MVPG to sit in F

1. Buy an F ticket
2. Purchase 'value' fare or higher [all other airlines require full-fare]
3. Use a gold cert
4. Wait until 72 hours out

Upgrades are instant for #2 and 3 if there is "U" inventory

Wow, we veered wayy off topic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.